Prem's secret photo

Prem had one photo in his suitcase he never let anyone else see. It was taken about a year before he left to study in America and Vinod framed and edited it and placed it on his night stand to tease him. She looked so beautiful in that picture, unaware of Anandbabu clicking away at her smiling whole heartily .He loves her smile, so sweet and innocent , he loves how her smile reaches her eyes and her happiness is nearly tangible. Just being near her made others happy. The day the picture was taken was one of the few times she had no jewelry on besides her earrings, she dressed simple and comfortable for a long journey as  the entire family was going to Rampur for Dadimaa's birthday.

While packing , he discreetly slipped the frame into his suitcase under some suits so it won't be seen and quickly closed the bag. Whenever he missed her while abroad he would look at that picture and instantly be revived and whenever he didn't feel like studying for an exam, he would glance at the photo and know that the quicker he passed his exams, the sooner he would get to return to India and see her. Sometimes he wished he could call her and hear her voice but he couldn't allow himself to get distracted.

His friends saw the picture one day and grilled him about her.

Asking if that girl in the photo is the reason he refuses to date anyone, or if that is his wife or fiancee or even sister and if so , was she single?. Most of which he replied as yes saying that she was his fiancee , ignoring purposely the question of her relationship status. Maybe she wasn't his wife or fiancee but she will be in future , but they didn't need to know that yet . He never dated anyone because no one could ever match her, she was the one for him and was the sole owner of his heart. 

Upon hearing that Prem was engaged and had no experience with girls, his ever so helpful friends took it upon themselves to educate him on the arts of married life with the help of one of their other friend , one who he did not know and was also a girl. Poor Prem , the boy's cheeks were red until the next week.