Lies

Naomi

When your alone your thoughts really can take over. Your own mind can begin to consume you and you will be swallowed whole into a pit of despair. That is if your thoughts are bad of course. Other wise you can be drowning in a more pleasant and euphoric state of mind. Very few are lucky enough to be consumed by happy thoughts. They get to sit and daydream about love, peace, happiness, and light. And those very few people don't know what they have until they loose it. Most people don't even realize how good they have it until they see someone who is drowning. You just stand by and watch as they suffer and slowly die in their own mind. Yes they can be completely fine on the outside, but everyone knows we all wear some kind of mask. It covers how we truly feel. The parts of us we just don't want to show.

I sat in my room with my door locked. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. I was drowning in my own pit of despair in my mind. So many things rushed back and forth in the tiny space in my head. I now know what it feels like to literally die on the inside.

They were knocking on my door asking me to open it. But I wouldn't. I can't talk to these people right now. They couldn't and wouldn't help, all they could do is watch me drown. Watch me suffer.

I was able to pull myself out of the darkness of my mind long enough to come to the truth. Long enough to realize what truly had me down and why I was stuck.

I was just told that were moving. And to make matters worse- that I'm adopted, except that they didn't actually tell me that. My so called parents are having me and my sister Bree, drop everything and move. I'll still call her my sister because I could never do that to her. Shes only 9 1/2 years old.

Were moving from Manhattan, New York-a big city where dreams flourish. To Rosewood, Pennsylvania- a tiny little town where I imagine all dreams cripple and die. How could they do this to us. And why would they tell me now that I'm adopted. It's amazing how well people's timing is. Then again, I screwed up their plan.

I've been sitting in my room now for about an hour. Just thinking about what other lies I've been told in my life and what else my so called parents are going to do to me. Then a really random thought entered my head. Would they ever shave my head as like a punishment?

Why am I even thinking about this! Damn my mind can travel. Anyways back to how much I hate my "parents" right now. I still can't believe that they would do this to me.

Thinking about this made me think about my real parents. Like where do they live? Where am I really from? Are they nice? Do I have any siblings? Is Bree adopted,or is it just me? Why was I put up for adoption?

All these questions started to make my head hurt. I laid down on my bed. I rested my head on my pillow and stared at the ceiling for what felt like seconds before my eyes started to droop. The next thing I knew I was dead asleep.

"Naomi" my parents said, "there are some things we need to talk about sweetie"

I began to feel nervous. My parents seemed genuinely nervous. "Umm... ok"

"Well first things first you know that your father was looking into another job." my mother said

"Yeah...." I replied

"Well I found one." said my father

"Wow that's great dad!" I said

"Well the thing is... the best one would require us to move" he replied

"Oh.. um.. well I mean it can't be that far right? Your company is here." I said nervously

"Well actually honey it's quite a bit away" said my mom

"What?!" I almost screamed "How far? Please tell me you haven't said yes yet."

"I said yes. We need this. And it's in Pennsylvania" he said "Were moving to a town called Rosewood"

"What?! Oh my god that's so far! Are you serious. You can't do this to me! No! No! I WONT move!" I yelled. It's a good thing Bree isn't here she'd be crying

"Honey please just calm down." said my mother

"No!" I yelled. I ran away and into the back yard. I went under my tree. This has always been my spot since I was little. I started wondering about this town. I mean it can't be too bad right. It's going to be somewhat the same. My parents love it here they wouldn't change it up too much.

I went into the study. I needed to find out more about this town. When I got into the study it was filled with paper work. There were files on the computer so I moved them off. As I was moving things around a Manila folder fell to the ground and it opened when it fell.

I picked it up and glanced at the title. It had my name on it. Weird. I decided that if it had my name in it was my business too. I mean duh.

Looking at that paper work was something I wish I could forget. Probably the stupidest thing I've done in a while.

-------
Hey guys so just in case you don't know yet Naomi and Aria are twins. And I DO NOT own these characters. they are from the tv show Pretty Little Liars. So some of the story line will be the same and I will add some different characters.

but I hope you guys enjoy this.!