Episode 5 (1/2)

-Zenitsu POV-
I woke up as I heard something fall in Nezuko's room, running over to her door.
I gently knocked on the door, "Nezuko?"

No response...?

I knocked a few more times before just yelling, "Nezuko! Are you in there?!" 
Other than me making noise, it was dead quiet in there. Something was wrong, I could feel it.

I grabbed my sword and ran outside, thinking. What if the demon we were looking for took her?
I was lost in thought when I was jolted back to reality, tripping over something.

It was Nezuko's box, the one she always had on her back.
It sounded like there was some kind of animal in there, clawing at the box.

"What are you hiding...." I mumbled, flipping the latches that kept the box closed.

A boy tumbled out of the box, with a bamboo gag in his mouth.
"Are you ok!?" I shrieked, helping the boy up.

He could only grunt in response.

"Oh geez.. how long have you been in there?"
He shrugged, giving me a confused look.

Did Nezuko kidnap him? Take him hostage or something?
It didn't matter right now, I needed to get this boy to safety.

"Do you know where your family is? Anyone who could take you in?" I questioned, looking into his eyes.
He pulled down the bamboo, "No.. I'm-"

"I understand, I'm sorry for asking."
"No, I-I'm not in danger.."
"I'm a demon, you should be...afraid of me?"
He paused, looking down in shame.

I look at him through a new mindset, looking for something to prove his point.
He's taller, he's about as tall as me now. But he looked like a child when he came out of the box?

He obviously has fangs like any demon though they didn't look like he'd used them to eat much.
* Tanjiro's stomach rumbles *

Realization hit me, gripping my swords hilt tightly i turned towards him.
"How many humans have you eaten?" I said bluntly, staring him down.

"What do you mean? I can't eat humans, I eat regular food."
"That's a lie! Demons have to consume human flesh! It's an instinct!"

"I haven't eaten a human! I never will!" He shouted, his voice cracking.
"What do you eat-!"

I was cut off as I heard a crashing noise outside, the boy ran out the door.

I ran outside to investigate the noise, seeing a demons head poking out from a black inky puddle.
The boy kicked its head making its head spin around, before it ducked into the puddle.

The demon re-emerged from a different puddle, swiping its claws at the boys neck.
The boy landed a punch in the demons chest, making it cough up blood.

I steadied my breathing, feeling a tiny shock of electricity.
I slashed the demons head off, making it disintegrate.

But another one appeared from a different puddle, attempting to grab me.

I used my sword to cut part if it's arm off falling onto the ground, getting the wind knocked out of me.
The boy got flung onto the ground a few feet away from me looking more injured than me.

Getting up I point my sword at the demon, sharply breathing in feeling electricity course through it.
I went to strike but my sword hit the ground, as it and the puddle dissolved.

"This is going to be a long fight..."

To be continued...

Sorry this chapter is a bit short- I felt like it's been too long without me updating this.
I promise the next one will be longer!
See you guys next chapter.

I promise the next one will be longer! See you guys next chapter