One

ASTRID

RINGRINGRINGRIIIING!

WHAT IN THE FREAKING WORLD IS THAT FREAKING SOUND?!

I shot my eyes open being welcomed by the sun bursting thru my window. And that ringing! Gawd! What is that?

I glanced at my night stand and there I saw 3 freaking numbers from my schreeching digital alarm clock.

6:50 am

IT'S FREAKING SIX FIFTY IN THE MORNING! I AM SO GOING TO BE FREAKING LATE! TF

I stumbled out of the door and find my way to the bathroom and cursed myself as I took a quick shower. And when I say quick, I mean it.

I made my way to the laundry room since it was the closest room from the bathroom and there I grabbed the folded shirt that has just been washed by mom, I suppose. The shirt isn't even mine it's too big. I suspect it's Kyle's since he tends to leave some of his things here cause he's like always invited here by mom. Like always.

I ran thru the hallway and into my room to wear my white skinny jeans and slipped on some red converse and grabbed my bag and stormed off the house.

It's 7:15 already. Class with Mr. Stan starts in five minutes. I am a dead meat. I've been late for three straight days.

I ran my fingers thru my hair as to try to make it a little presentable. I haven't even brushed my hair since last night. Ugh.

Once I arrived I pushed everyone out of the way as I made it inside. Oh Gosh 7:25 !

"Astrid!" Someone held my arm and pulled me making me hit that person's body with mine. "Ow!" I complained as I looked up at Kyle's face.

"Let go, jerk. I'm late for class, you idiot." I spat.

"Didn't you comb your hair this morning?" He asked looking at my hair then to my eyes.

I gave him a look which made him backaway. He chuckled.

"Get out of my face, moron." I said as I was about to turn around.

"Wait!" He yelped. I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Even if you try you wouldn't make it to first period. Mr. Stan locked the door like a few minutes ago meaning everyone late are marked as absent." He stated.

"And I should listen to you because?" I asked. Kyle grinned showing his teeth.

"Because that was Mason told me." He raised his brows up and down.

"Oh. Alright." I responded. Mason is one of my classmates in first period and one of the most talked about boys in school.

"And you know what else he told me?" He cheered as we made our way to the cafeteria. "What?" I questioned as I got a tray and grabbed food.

"Mason and Beth broke up." He said with a smile at his face as he looked at me.

"Okay, first of all, you sound gay and,second, why should I care?" I beamed as he paid for what I bought. Well, that's what he always does when we're eating.

"Look, Assytrid.." I cut him off. "Do not call me that. I swear I will punch you." I warned.

He chuckled and continued. "Well, we wouldn't want that. We all want to look great as we double date tonight." He winked and sat on the table where Mason and Jen, Kyle's latest girlfriend, was.

My eyes widen as I sat down still thinking about what he said.

I noticed Mason was smiling at me for a while now. I flashed a smile right back.

"Hey, Astrid, is that Kyle's shirt?" Jen asked.

All eyes were on my shirt.

"Oh yeah, I was in a serious hurry so I just slipped on the first clothe I saw." I explained as they all proceed eating.

I guess we all forgot to have breakfast at home.

I felt Jen and Kyle tensing up.

I looked at Mason who noticed it too.

I quickly texted Kyle.

You jerk she's obv jealous. EXPLAIN TO HER ASSHOLE!

Kyle read it and smiled as he turned to Jen who was quietly eating her salad.

"It's just a shirt babe." Kyle started as he looked at Jen. "Our parents were highschool friends so our famillies are pretty much close." He finishes off as he ate his last fries.

"Is it true, Astrid?" She turned to look at me. Now her face lit up.

I smiled in relief

"Of course. Plus I only have his shirt but you have his heart." I giggled.

"Now that's cheesy." Mason finally spoke which somehow rattled me. His voice was deep but soft but I don't know.

"Okay, enough of that. Let us talk about tonight." Kyle playfully winked at Jen who blushed immediately.

"Yeah, tonight." Mason reached over my hand which was lying over the table. I almost jumped as I felt his rough hands over mine.

Wtf? Is Kyle seeing what he has done?!

My eyes widen as he chuckled but his hand remained its place.

"What do our girls want? Chinese? Mexican or what?" Mason chuckled.

Kyle looked from Jen to Mason to our hands then to me.

I gave him a look that clearly states "Get.Him.Off.Of.Me"

"Oh I don't know. What would you like Jen? Oh almost forgot, Astrid, what was that student council thing you brought in your bag? I would like to see it." Kyle said in one breath not even giving Jen a chance to answer. He didn't even looked at Jen.

"Oh my pleasure!" I cheered as I retrieved my hand from the jerk.

Okay, look. Mason is cute and all but what the fuck is he doing? We're not even friends. Kyle just set me up. The fuck.

I'm going to kill Kyle for this!