Eight

ASTRID

I clutched my purse as I stared down at the full length mirror for the billionth time.

I have decided to wear the blue dress and it's matching wedge to the date.

I twirled around a couple of times and checked if my curls were perfectly set on place.

Oh, why am I even being like this?

It's just a friendly date. The main goal was Danica and Kyle.

Because I was being the great sensible friend of Kyle I asked Gabe if it was okay if Kyle ask Danica on a date and if Danica would be willing to actually go on a date with Kyle.

Gabe answered the latter first. He said that Danica had called Kyle cute a few times. So, that was a score for Kyle but Gabe also said that he wasn't comfortable with Kyle, in all honesty. He just didn't want to leave her sister with my semi-jerk buddy because according to him and I quote," he doesn't really have a good record." So, I've came to conclusion that we could chaperone them. And it was then when Gabe said that we should just do a double date. I looked at him blankly after that. Ha ha. Kidding. I had to turn away as my cheeks turned the color of a tomato.

Who wouldn't want to date Gabriel Forest?

Though, it was just a friendly date, we all know that I have a little crush on Gabe, so, blame me not if I get home with red face.

I heard a car pull over signalizing the arrival of the great Kyle.

I glanced up at the clock.

7:01 pm

He was suppose to be here a minute ago.

"Astrid! Kyle's here!" Mom called out. "Yeah, I'm coming!" I yelled back

You must be thinking why was Kyle picking me up and not Gabe. Well, my mom only allow me to go late at night when with Kyle. She says she doesn't really trust me the way she trusts Kyle.

"You said seven sharp." I raised and eyebrow as I walked down the stairs.

He grinned, "I went a little bit rusty."

I rolled my eyes at him. "So, have you picked Danica yet?" I asked.

"Uh-huh. She's in the car. Gabe is already at the restaurant since I have told him about the set up that I am the only guy who can step foot into your house." He grined. "Whatever. Let's go Abnegation colored guy." I dragged him to the front door.

"And I'm the Divergent Series addict." Kyle tilted his head to look at me.

"No, but your date is." I fire back. "Mom, we're leaving!" I yelled. Yeah, we do a lot of yelling in this household.

"Alright, take care kids." Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah, love you bye!" I yelled before shuting the door behind us.

"So, here's the thing, you better not do anything stupid tonight. Gabe believes that you do not have a good record, which is true, but if you want to keep things with Danica stop being a jerk." I pointed as he opened the backseat door for me.

"Never was I." He grinned as I got in. I rolled my eyes before he shut the door.

"Hey, Danica! You look stunning." Well, better keep good terms with my future sister-in-law not that Gabe and I are together but I can dream, can't I?

"Thanks. You look way better than me." She smiled.

"Stop pulling my leg, young lady." I playfully scolded making her giggle as Kyle sat at the driver's.