Seven

ASTRID

I pushed thru the crowd as I made may way in front of Kyle's cluster of friends. Yes, he's above the famous border line while I stood just below it. I mostly get recognized or known by people (if that's what you my shittyschoolmates) because I'm bestfriends with Kyle.

"Rat face!" I called out that cutted out what nonsense conversation Kyle was having with his big bodied football friends.

He boringly raises an eyebrow at me.

I walked in front of him. "'Sup Astrid?" John waved as I walked pass him. I managed a smile for him and an even wider smile for Kyle.

"You are coming with at Starbucks and you'll treat me, okay? Let's go." I ordered and I heard him groan as I walked pass him.

I heard him said goodbye to his friends and jogged to catch up with me.

"Why would I treat you? It's not like you got me a date with Danica." He rolled his eyes as we made our way to the parking lot. I grinned at him as we walked pass some cars.

"Close. A double date with Gabe and I." I said proudly with my chin held high.

"What? Legit?" His eyes were big as melons.

I nodded and that made his jaw hang down from Mt. Everest. "You can close your mouth and thank me anytime now." I crossed my arms as I copied his oh-so-famous line.

And, then, I suddenly could not breathe.

"Get..off...can't...freaking...breathe!" I struggled as I hit him on his arms.

He laughed as he let go of my crumpled body.

"Well, then, let's go shop for the perfect outfits." Kyle smiled down at me. I raised an eyebrow. I'm waiting for the magic words to come off of his tongue. "My treat." He grinned harder.

"I would say that you pretty much sound gay by asking me to go shopping but, then, forget it. It's your treat so yay!" I cheered.

"A simple 'okay, let's go' would be just gone." He rolled his eyes as he fished out his car keys and pressed a button that unlocked his car.

I quickly hopped in the passenger seat ignoring Kyle's comment.

We walked inaide the mall and being a good and excited friend I told him that I should be the first to shop which he tried to argue about but, as always, I won.

Kyle lead me to an international branded store. According to him, Kristen, her sister, buys her clothing there and it was passing his likings.

"So, what do you think Gabe will like?" I asked as I scanned the dresses that are neatly placed on the rack. "Should I go shy type pink or fierce red?" I asked as I held two dresses showing them off to Kyle.

He snorted and crinckled his nose. "None."

I groaned. "Well, then, help me! I always help you. It's your turn to be the good samaritan I had always been." I crossed my arms as I watched Kyle wander around.

"Well, I am paying for your dress so I'm basically off the hook." He answered turning to face me.

I frowned at him. Like really frowned. "I'm serious."

He sighed. "I know, I know."

"So, tell me, since Gabe's in your football team, what kind of dress would he want a girl to wear?" I asked briefly hoping for a more tolerable respond.

"I barely talk to the guy, okay?" He crinkled his nose once again. Seriously, it's beginning to be an annoyinh habit.

There was silence.