(3)

The next day Autumn was doing her rounds when she started talking to Ryan. He was the last patient on her list, and she wanted to know more about him, especially why he committed those crimes.

"How are you feeling?" was the first question she asked. This was a standard question she had to ask every patient, mental or sick.

"I feel fine; I'm just homesick." Ryan answered. "I miss my brothers."

Autumn smiled. "Don't worry about them." She sat down on the bed. "I have a question, and you need to answer honestly." Ryan nodded, and Autumn took a deep breath. "Why did you do what you did?"

Ryan's eyes widened. "T-They forced me to." He shrunk back and put his arms around his legs.

Autumn tilted her head to the side. "Who? Michael and Gavin? They may cause trouble but I don't think-"

Ryan cut her off. "Not them."

"Then who?"

"Them."

"Who's them? Ryan, the only way to get out of here is to tell me."

"The voices, Autumn."

Autumn stood back up. "The voices?"

"Yes, what don't you understand about that? I thought you were smart." Ryan suddenly turned violent.

"I-I'll be right back." Autumn said, taken aback. She quickly walked out of the room and into the doctor's station.

-=-

Meanwhile, Ray had walked to the library. He never really went there, but it was a special occasion.

The library was huge, the walls pretty much made out of bookshelves. The carpet was red; the floors were spruce wood. It was a very old-styled building. Pretty much every book know to man existed in that library.

Ray's footsteps echoed as he walked towards the librarian's desk. He was amazed by how much was built in a short time. He smiled, knowing that this was one of Autumn's favorite places. She loved the peace and quiet. Ray liked it too, but he would go other places.

"Um, do you have any books on sorcerers? Not like specific ones, just in general." The librarian pointed to her left. "Thank you."

He looked through the various books
on the shelf. None seemed to have much on the subspecies. This is idiotic, Ray thought, I should just ask Autumn about them.

He searched for another five minutes until he decided on some random book that seemed interesting. It was roughly 90 pages long and was printed in big font.

He checked it out and walked to the mall. He was kind of hungry, and the food court had some of the best food in the village.

He got there in around 5 minutes. Ray received his ticket and waited in line. The three people waiting in front of him got their food and left to go sit. Ray got some fries and a chocolate milkshake and sat down.

He read the book carefully, soaking up all the information he could. It wasn't very informative, and the only thing Ray got from it was that the sorcery population decreased significantly since the 1700s. He read and reread it until the letters began to blur.

Minutes later, he was snapped out of his trance by a tap on his shoulder. It was Autumn, looking happier than he had ever seen before. She sat down across from him. "Whatcha reading?" She leaned down to look at the book's title. "Okay, so what made you think it was a better idea to read about this than ask me?" She asked in a lower voice.

"Well you were working, and I didn't want to bother you. I really shouldn't have gotten this book though. It didn't teach me shit." Ray closed his eyes and leaned back.