(6)

The seasons changed, leaving villagers with heavy coats and rosy cheeks. Winter had literally come overnight, with the weather cool one day and freezing the next. The beginning of December could be like that.

Autumn never minded the weather. It was the perfect excuse to wear long sleeves to hide her birthmark.

However, with the cold weather came snow, which meant more sicknesses and injuries. Autumn had to have double the effort. Still, she didn't mind. She was good at helping people, and she got their vibes of appreciation.

One day around 2 o'clock, Autumn was sitting at the front desk when two balls of energy bursted through the door. Gavin was holding a camera; Michael was holding a microphone with the village logo on it. Where he got that, Autumn would never know.

Team Nice Dynamite walked up to her. They were out of breath. "Autumn, what is happening at the hospital today?" Michael points the microphone in her direction.

"Let's just say a lot of people have strep throat." Autumn warned. "What is this?"

"We got a news show now!" Gavin answered. "All the younger people are running it!" By younger people, Gavin meant the thirteen-year-olds and younger. Having more energy, they loved doing things exactly like this.

"Did Jordon let you?" Jordon was in charge of all media circulating through Kakariko. She had approve everything before it was released.

Gavin smiled. "Yep! Michael and I are in charge of the action news. Kailey and Millie are the main anchors."

Millie Ramsey was 8-years-old. She moved here with her older sister Griffon, who was dating Geoff. Griffon was the hairdresser for the village.

"Okay, be careful out there. It's really slippery." Autumn waved as they started heading out the door.

"We will. Bye Autumn!" Michael and Gavin waved back.

Autumn's sleeve had fallen down a little, and Gavin couldn't forget what he saw.

-=-

Later in the week, Autumn was roaming the hallways when she heard crying. With confusion, she walked slowly down the stairs into the lobby.

"Oh no." Autumn ran towards the crying cat hybrid. Actually, it was Kailey, Alex, and Jordon sitting in the waiting room. "What happened?" She knelt down.

Kailey was unable to answer, so Alex said, "Chris walked in on her showering. He saw her ears and tail and nearly beat her to death." The black eye and gash on her cheek was more than enough proof.

"What's almost as bad is he also locked Kaori up." Jordon commented. Kaori was Chris's girlfriend. Autumn and Caleb saved her from an orphanage around a year ago. She had musical powers and must've tried to heal Kailey by singing.

"What? Why would he do that?" Autumn was appalled by his actions.

"She has powers; Kailey's a hybrid. That's just how his brain works." Alex shrugs.

"Caleb! Get down here!" Autumn called up and turned her head towards Kailey. She noticed the girl doing something in her pocket. "Do you still have Nub?" That's what Kailey named the hamster Autumn created for her all those years ago.

Kailey hiccuped and nodded. She took the hamster out of her pocket. Nub peaked through Kailey's fingers.

Meanwhile, Caleb had made it down to the lobby. Quickly assessing the situation, he took Kailey's hand and led her up to a check-up room.

Autumn stood up. "She can't live with Chris anymore."

"You don't think we know that?" Alex rolled his eyes.