III: Truth

Hordak expected some outcry at his words. Instead it seemed the Alliance was shocked into silence. Micah shook his head, his expression troubled. "If Prime has the technology to harness the Heart, how do you suggest we stop him?"

"The Heart will not be activated until Prime sees fit to test its power against a suitable target," Hordak replied. "You have until then to disrupt his plans. Prime prefers to bend the minds of lesser beings without such measures, but his use of the chips suggests --"

"Excuse me, 'lesser?'"

Hordak turned to Netossa, unmoved by the intensity of her glare. "In the eyes of Prime, yes. The lives of Etherians are nothing to him."

Her dark eyes flashed. "And what are our lives to you?"

"Your planet may be primitive in comparison to the wider universe, however.... That does not make you lesser beings."

As he said that, his eyes automatically found Entrapta's. She smiled at him, and warmth blossomed in his chest, emboldening him to continue. "Prime does not desire to waste resources by taking full control of every being on Etheria. He will focus on the most valuable targets, the princesses, and others with strong ties to magic. He will not risk allowing any with magic to walk free. It poses too great a threat."

Netossa nodded, accepting his answer. "You said Entrapta removed your connection to the Hivemind, right?"

"Yes."

"So," she turned to Entrapta. "You could remove the chips as well."

"Yes!" Entrapta answered. "Well, theoretically. I'd need to see it up close to be sure."

Nodding slowly, Netossa folded her arms. "Oh, I'll get you one up close. Prime has my wife, and I'm going to get her back."

"We won't let him keep her," Perfuma joined. "Or take anyone else!"

Hordak inclined his head. "It will take more than bold words to stand against Prime."

"And what is your assessment of our odds?" asked Micah.

"Horde Prime is the ruler of the known universe." Once Hordak had said those words with such pride and fervor. Now his voice was hollow, but he could not hold back the truth. "None have faced the might of the Galactic Horde and lived."

"I guess we'll be the first." Micah ran a hand through his greying hair. "Entrapta, what do you think of our chances?"

Entrapta folded her arms. "I'm not sure. I could run the numbers, but I'll need my equipment back."

He shook his head. "No, that won't be necessary. I think we've all had a long day. Unless anyone has an important question to ask, we can conclude the --"

"So, what exactly is Entrapta's relationship with Hordak?"

Micah and the rest turned to Mermista.

"What?" she spread her hands. "We're all thinking it. Might as well have it out in the open. So what is it, geek princess? What's going on between you two?"

Though Hordak expected this question sooner or later, he found himself nervous to hear what Entrapta would say. Entrapta did not share his trepidation. She grinned widely, answering without hesitation.

"We're lab partners! Hordak listens to my ideas, and I help him with his projects too. I designed his armor to interface with his cybernetic implants and strengthen his body. There's space for weapon enhancements too!"

Hordak's heart gave a jolt at the mention of his armor, but Entrapta glided right past the subject and on to the next.

"This is our most recent work!" She extended all four of her mechanical arms, startling several people. "Performance Enhancing Artificial Limbs, or PEArL as I like to call it. I designed it to help me compensate for my hair, and Hordak performed the necessary surgeries so I could install the components onto my back. It connects directly to my nervous system, so I can --"