Epilogue

Today's the day! Darla's on Etheria, and she's bringing our friends back!

Entrapta could hardly keep still as Hordak covered her burns in fresh bandages. After several days of medicine, the burns itched more than they hurt, but her mind was far away from that.

Just under an hour ago, Adora contacted them to announce they were en route to Sophie's location. The panther-alien Melog had used their magic to cloak Darla from Prime's sensors, allowing them to bypass Prime's armada completely undetected. I can't wait to see their powers firsthand! I wonder how long Melog can hide something so big...

Hordak placed his hand on her shoulder. "The bandages are secure. If they are too tight, I can loosen them."

"Nope, they're fine!" Entrapta tilted her head back to look at him upside down. "Thank you!"

I must be a lot better. He doesn't look so sad and worried anymore.

"Back home, I'd have a bot help me with this," she said. "It was the same for you, wasn't it? For your armor."

He nodded.

"It's nice to have your help." She leaned back against him, turning to rest her head on his shoulder. Hordak shifted so that his head rested atop hers. His hand slid down her arm, pulling her just a little closer. Tingles raced across her scalp. Entrapta wanted him to hold her, but with her injuries, she knew he wouldn't. This was as close as he would go. "You're a lot more gentle than a bot, for one thing."

"This is but a fraction of the kindness you have shown me," he replied. "I am honored to be of help to you in any way I can."

Entrapta nuzzled against him, smiling. She traced the rim of the plate across his forearm. "That's what partners do, isn't it? I take care of you, and you take care of me."

"Yes."

That single word was wonderful to hear. No matter what happened, she was glad to have Hordak with her. "Adora's almost here," she chirped. "And Bow, and Glimmer, and --"

She cut off, her spirits sinking. Entrapta was still not sure how it would be to see Catra again face-to-face. Catra hadn't even looked at her once during their communications with Darla. Is it regret, or... does she never want to see me again?

"I shall abide by the terms of the Alliance for now," Hordak said in a tight voice. "However, if Catra even attempts to harm you, I will not wait to act. I will destroy her utterly."

Entrapta shook her head minutely. "The Alliance won't like that. I don't want you to get hurt."

"My punishment will be of no consequence."

His words were cold, emotionless. Entrapta looked down at her gloved hands. Anxiety was bubbling up in her chest again, but this time she did not push it away. She was no longer too afraid to know the truth.

"Hordak, do you regret coming back to Etheria with me?"

Hordak shifted behind her. "No, I do not regret my decision. I once despised this place. Etheria was my prison, and I longed to return... home. Now, I am finding this is not such a terrible place to be." He paused. "Does your offer still stand?"

"Offer?"

"Perhaps my memory does not serve me, but I recall you once offered me a place in your kingdom."

A tingling warmth flooded through her. Entrapta twisted around, ignoring the protesting pain of her wounds, and flung her arms around him. "Yes! Yes, of course it does!"

There was a sharp knock on the wall outside. Entrapta could feel Hordak go tense. She gathered her shirt in front of her self-consciously. It was one thing for Hordak to see her like this, quite another for the rest of the Alliance.