30

The following day is filled with more tiresome training. The class resumes their training from the previous day and Hiryur spends his time under the shade of a tree making blueprints for... something. His designing is interrupted when Kota comes waltzing up to the formerly mentioned teenager. He grasps the metal hand and tugs on him to follow. "Mandalay, I'll be taking Hiryur from you!"

"Kota—wait, Hiryur ?" she questions finding the situation strange. The whole calling some hero (someone that he has shown great hatred for since meeting) by their first name is what took her aback.

"Yes. Hiryur. " He makes a show in motioning to the older boy. "I'll be taking him. I'll bring him back in a bit. I just need to ask him a few questions." A few people gape at him for quite a while since—like Mandalay—know that the child is not a fan of Hiryur or anyone there. Not even waiting for her response, Kota tugs on the older boy, who stumbles a bit but allows him to drag him somewhat. In response to the stares, Hiryur shrugs and sends them a reassuring smile. He doesn't even know what is going on, but apparently, it's important enough to be dragged out of training.

It isn't even past ten minutes when he comes back looking at Kota with pride. He doesn't elaborate on what Kota wanted but the kid is happy and that's all that matters.

════════════════

Once the day gives away to the night, Pixie-Bob announces the plans for the rest of the night. "Our stomachs are full, and the dishes are clean. So now it's time for the test of courage!" Pixie-Bob says and is met with cheers.

"Before that, and though it pains me to say, the remedial bunch are going to have a review lesson with me starting now," Aizawa said.

"What?" Mina and Denki screamed. Aizawa didn't hesitate to wrap them all up in his scarf.

"What mad banquet of darkness," murmurs Tokoyami. Uraraka and the girls glance at each other with grins at hearing that phrase. They find it funny and adorable at the same time. Shouto watches, his eyes never straying from them. He sighs and returns to listening to the heroes explain everything. Somehow, he ends up being Bakugou's partner to go into the forest. He sighs, listening to the class complain about who they're paired up with. The only one alone is Hiryur. Shouto glances at him but all he sees is the same guarded expression that he himself wears all the time. The boy with the yellow-horned, red cap is staring at the brown-haired teenager. They seem to have a silent conversation that the son of the number two hero can't seem to decipher. The two mirror each other's expressions before the child leaves with a nod. The groups all enter the forest five minutes apart.

Everything is going okay.

It's the calm before the storm.

A shame they did not realize it when they had the chance.