100

Aizawa leaves the room quickly with a muttered "I need some space," while Katsuki is frozen.

"Can I see him?" Katsuki asked. The doctor nodded and led him to the room that Hiryur is held in.

He knew death was possible the moment he first saw Hiryur impaled on the spike, but seeing Hiryur's body on the cot was the moment it fully wormed its way into his mind. The actuality slammed into Katsuki, striking with such a robust force that threatened to shut him down. He walked to the bed, kneeling and resting his head on the side of the cot as liquid seeped down his cheeks, the stress of maintaining a positive composure was shattering, one single crack at a time. Everything was single-handedly stripping his facade to mere shreds. All of it poured out. The fear, anxiety, depression, pain, and heartache mercilessly surged out in the form of stinging tears, triggering wracking sobs and sniffs to emerge, refusing to pause.

He's struggling and fighting to wrap his head around the entirety of this situation. Everything is confusing, just utterly confusing. It hurts because he is lost, so lost. Within three hours, reality began twisting and fragmenting into broken shards that now pierce the more joyful attitude he's built up over the past few months. Now he's breaking again. Katsuki can't break, not when he has told himself to be strong. Yet here he is, kneeling. beside his lover's deathbed reflecting on the raw painfulness of losing someone so dear to him. He can't afford another psychologically damaging hit, that's why he can't let this start tearing him apart. With one last 'I love you', Katsuki turns to leave the room to find Aizawa. He whips around when he hears the metal of the cot creaking, nurses and doctors pushing past him to witness Hiryur's body jolting like he's having a seizure. The bandages fall off and the giant gaping hole through Hiryur's gut is visible and Katsuki nearly chokes on his own spit when he sees it, not the wound itself, but rather the skin and organs mending themselves together as the snapping sound of his ribcage being healed echoes in the room.