Chapter 10: I hurt myself, just so you can smile later on.

Mikey's POV:

The area that I was staying in, never felt more familiar than now. I can see things I couldn't see before and feel what I never had a chance to feel, yet it feels emptier than it was back then, when we had no worries but just to fool around with brainless people.

I walked over to Ken-chin, having my hands in my pockets all the way there. Looking at him from behind, he was so tall and strong and sometimes it made me think why would someone like him do around me afterall.

"Ah, this weather better change soon so I can continue staying inside, getting treated with food made by Emma, right Ken-chin?" showing him a smile like the old times, I could see a little of jealousy in his eyes but I had no intentions of lightning that fire, not yet. "There, there, I was joking. Now, tell me Ken-chin, are you ready?"

As speaking, I stuck my eyes up front on the big building in front of us; "Private Hospital Moweng". It became so hard to come here for the past year, that even now I could feel the regret that took over me that day.

---

"BAJI SAN!"

A boy shouted through the sound of the rain drops hitting the road, while looking at the long haired boy holding a gun in his hand, being surrounded by the Haitani brothers. He had this dumb smile on his face, while his hand kept shaking in fear. He wasn't like this, never, but the thought of losing someone he loves, made him fear it the most.

I punched the guy in front of me until he fell down on the wet road unconscious, approaching Baji little by little. I never saw this side of him, none of us did and being something new to us, made our heart race of anger at full speed. "Baji, let go of that gun. Let's take over them together, I will help you.."

He smiled again. "Mikey, nothing can help you know? Seeing me gone, I can finally assure the living of the poor thing that I once had the temper to call mine."

"No, you don't understand Baji, as long as I am alive we will always win and take over everyone that stays before us."

"You don't understand Mikey, you are the one who doesn't understand. I want her to live a normal life without the fear of death and in order to assure that, I have to let myself down so she can rise. Argh, what a life we live, right?" his words were so well lined that before hearing the gunshot noise, I could differentiate the rain drops and his tears that were travelling down on his face.

I couldn't move anymore and all my eyes could see, was blood everywhere and a boy in pain struggling to breath, struggling to live even if he had to die first. Ken-chin ran to Baji alongside with Kazutora who was already calling an ambulance.

I could hear the noises of the brothers laugh as they ran off, feeling the darkness inside me take over, but I wasn't able to do anything in the end, apart from watch him struggle. I had no idea in that moment where the bullet went, but all I knew was that he will be here no more any second now.

---

We walked over to the main reception where a lady with a white suit was typing at the computer. She looked me up and down, then smiled already knowing who I am. She knows who I am, yet I have no idea who's soul is this or who I am myself.

"Please take care on your way to the 10th floor. Suite 21, no visits today so please allow yourself time today and stay longer." she spoke so calmly and her voice gave me warm shivers, it made me feel better in a weird way. Ken-chin walked all the way behind me, making sure I don't run again or at least I won't try to do anything stupid.

I clenched my fists and stopped when coming out of the elevator. He looked at me with a weird loo, trying to read me from the outside.

"Is everything alright, Mikey? Wanna go back?"

"No, he must have waited so let's hurry there."

I was scared, even if I didn't show it, the fear was alive in me that when I will look on the window, the bed will be empty. I took a step forwards, walking again casually to the suite that held in someone, just like in a cage. The hallway felt so long and the time felt like slowly passing by me. I stopped in front of the big window of the suit, lifting up my head after looking at my feet for the whole time traveling here. I prayed that the bed is not empty and when I set my eyes through that window...he was still there.

The machines around him made small noises, making it turn quiet from time to time. Not everyone was allowed in, but we decided on already; only one person will ever be allowed in and until then, until that person takes a step inside the suite, none of us apart from doctors and nurses, will ever enter. My fingertips touched the glass that was between us, while my eyes were analysing his state of being. He was alive...half..

Half of his head was always covered in bandages, that including his eyes. A huge tube coming from a specific machine, was going down his throat, helping him breath. He's been like this for the past year and nothing could change the state of his being. Together with his family, we decided on keeping him alive with the hope that one day, the long haired boy will wake up. No other people apart from me, Ken-chin, Kazutora and Mitsuya, knows about his state.

Everything went out so messy, making us see who truly was on his side and who wasn't, and that was also decided when Akari took over his place. Thinking about it now, maybe it's for the better for now, having her hand in with us. His sleep felt so peacefully, making me get angry only by looking at it. It felt like he had no problem and no worries.

"All this asshole does is sleep, but does he ever cared about the ones who suffered for him?" I kept my control and the softness in my voice because afterall he saved most of us, yet I was being ungrateful in the very end.

"Mikey, we will never know what triggered him to this own actions of his, unless he tells us. Let's allow him to rest, he keeps struggles to stay alive even now, after having so many dates with the death itself."

"Haha, Ken-chin, will I ever be able to go on a date with lady death too? She must be nice since he stays there by her side, right?" I couldn't help but smile.

Draken's POV:

He is always being this naïve, but somehow his words worry me the most. "Shall we give her word out, Mikey?"

His face expression changed, sighing at my words. I knew something was about to come out of his mouth, but I always trusted him and gave my best to be by his side, yet neglecting the others around me.

"Not yet, let's finish the tomorrow night business with Valhalla, then she will probably find the way herself. Don't you think so, Ken-chin?"

I looked at him, at the way he was focused on the long haired boy sleeping; He probably found his way to her already, so she might have already found him instead of the way here, Mikey....

✧・゚: ✧・゚: 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒃? :・゚✧:・゚✧