Chapter 3: The print some people left in our hearts

Way back 10 years ago;

"Come on Akari, let mamma help you put the sandals on."

I ran quickly downstairs to my mum, imagining myself as the princess my father always tells me about, before sleep. My long hair was flying behind me, making my curls look like some kind of...balloons. I kept my small hands on my dress, walking carefully down the stairs as my giggles were a soft song between the house walls. It felt magical and heart whelming, making me blush from my own actions. "Daddy, daddy, where is my prince?"

As I sat on the small chair, my mum putting on the sandals for me, father starts laughing bringing Ran in front of me. His shirt was unbuttoned in the upper part, keeping his hair in his braids as my dad always liked. "Here my lovely, prince Ran came to escort you to Mai's wedding."

I looked at him and sighed. "A prince should be more charming, but if he asks me nicely, I will accept it." In that very moment, I could hear my mum laugh in a while. Ran came closer to me, leaning forward to kiss my forehead. His smile gave me butterflies as always making me smile back. Our parents were watching the sibling bond that was going on between us.

Ran sat on his knees in front of me, taking my hands into his. His hands were so warm, making me feel safe by only holding onto him. "Akari, big brother will take care of you and protect you from all the monsters under your bed and the ones that are crawling around you. Don't be scared, always call me and I will be there." Ran patted my head lightly, keeping that smile on his face.

I feared nothing and no one in that moment, my hand grabbing his. He was way taller than me, but in the end he is my brother. We ran to the car where Rindo big brother was waiting for us since he is not quite affectionate with me.

-after a few hours-

The ceremony went well and we headed to the hall where the party was about to begin. I sat there at the table with my family and some friends of them, while looking at the people who kept dancing on the dance floor. Everyone was so pretty and well mannered. Their clothes were sparkling and full of colours, ladies either having flowers or ribbons on their dress and men having different suits or just casuals.

The night was so long and the party looked fun, but I had no one to spend it with. Ran and Rindo were gone with some kids outside, I doubt they were the same age. Mother and father were laughing and chatting with some people, looking at me from time to time to check if I was alright. The music kept changing and the vibes were mixing. I kept moving my legs around, since the chair was quite 'tall' and the height from the floor to my feet was huge.

"Hey Miss. Princess, let's dance!"

A voice made itself heard around me, making my turn head to where the sound came from. A boy a little taller than me with shoulder long dark hair, was standing next to my chair. He kept smiling at me, waiting for my response. How did he knew I am a princess? Did someone reveal it to him? Wha-...what if the Emperor will catch him and make him disappear while protecting the princess? Damn, this situation was so dangerous, even the dragon who was flying outside, had his eyes on me.

"How did you know I am a princess?" I whispered to him and the boy grabbed my hand, helping me come down from my chair. He one kneeled in front of me, looking into my eyes with that happy expression on his face.

"Obviously, you are prettier than all the girls here. No matter what princess, I will go through all the hard stages to have a dance with you!" the boy was so well mannered and kind to me which gave me more courage to go with him. I made a small pirouette and slightly bow down.