One

Everybody was heading to the auditorium for something but I think it's because of the new J.V. Hockey team.  I was walking with Rick, the varsity team and Mindy. We made it to the auditorium and found our seats, I sat by Rick. I was talking with Mindy, so I didn't know what Rick and the others were talking about. 

"Hey, you know what? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall." I heard Rick say to the people in front of us, breaking mine and Mindy's conversation. 

"What?" the darker, a little heavier boy says. 

"Hey, easy Russ. They probably think we're someone else. I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team. And you are?" the one with the cowboy hat said, sticking out his hand. Cole put his gum on his hand and I rolled my eyes. 

"Varsity. The only hockey team. State champs. You know my little brother lost his J.V. slot when they brought you yo-yos in here." Rick replied. I rolled my eyes again. 

"Probably wasn't good enough." the blonde girl said. Rick leans forward. 

"See, that's my dad. He's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. You just wait." Rick said. 

"Rick." I say. He looks at me. I give him a face to stop. 

"That's your dad? Nice outfit. Did it come with a yacht?" Russ asked. The Ducks laughed. Then varsity mocked them. 

Mr. Buckley starts giving a speech and tbh it was kind of boring. I shift in my seat trying to get comfortable. Rick puts his arm around my shoulders. 

"Thus, myself, the board, Tom Riley of the alumni association and Varsity Coach Wilson, who has led us to ten consecutive state championships." Mr. Buckley says. We all start cheering. 

"We have all made a change for the future . So, today, after much debate. On both sides, we proudly open our doors via full scholarships to a truly gifted group of athletes. So, will you please join me in giving a big, rousing Warrior welcome to the gold medal winners of the Junior Goodwill Games. I present to you-." Mr. Buckley continued but got interrupted from the red curtain behind him falling. People started laughing. 

"Hey! Get off me!" one of the kids yelled from under the curtain. The laughter continues. Someone pulls the curtain off of all of them. 

"Hi.....We're the Ducks." a boy about 6 foot tall wearing a Ducks jersey said. The laughter continued. I made eye contact with this tall blonde boy, I smiled at him and I seen him smile back. 

After a while we all leave the auditorium besides the J.V. team. The varsity team, Mindy and I walked over to our lockers. 

"Them Duckies really made a fool out their selves today." Rick said, pulling me into a hug. He kissed the top of my head.

"Please don't do anything dumb." I said, looking up at Rick. 

"Not promising." he replied. I let out a small sigh. 

I get out of my last class and I start walking to my locker. I look behind me and see this boy following me checking me out. Once I get towards my locker I pass Rick a little. 

"Hey. What's he looking at?" I heard Rick say. Then I heard a bang against the lockers. I stop and turn around and see the dude that was following me against the lockers with Cole standing in front of him.

"Ow! A hard check into the board. That has to hurt." someone says. I put my books in my locker. I walk up to Rick and give him a peck on the lips. 

"All this work makes me hungry." Rick says, taking one of the Ducks' food. I roll my eyes. 

"Rick give it back." I say. But it was too late, Rick was going through it like it was his. I go up to the boy.