Four

One day last week I asked Orion if I could skate with his daughter and he said I could. I would've forgotten about it if my mom didn't remind me about it. 

"Don't forget you're skating with Orion's daughter today. I'd start getting ready." my mom said coming into my room. 

"Ok." I reply. I get up and pick out black leggings with a baby blue crop top and my varsity jacket. I grab my roller blades and put my ice skates in my backpack. I brush out my hair and brushed my teeth. I grab my backpack and head downstairs. I sit on the couch and put my roller blades on.

"Bye mom." I say. 

"Bye!" she called after me before I closed the door. 

After a couple of minutes I get to the ice rink. I sit on a bench and take my roller blades off. I put my ice skates on and by the time I finished Orion and his daughter were already waiting for me out on the ice. 

                ~~~~~Charlie's POV~~~~~~

My alarm goes off at 6 in the morning. I turn it off. 

"I didn't even set the alarm." I say to myself. 

"I did." I heard someone say from behind me. I turn around and see Coach Bombay. 

"Good morning, Charlie. Thought we'd spend the day together, get an early start. Come on." Bombay adds. 

"Go away. Hans is gone and I want to be alone." I say laying back down. 

"Look, Charlie, I know you're going through a rough time. I understand. You know, not a day goes by that I don't think about you and the Ducks." Bombay says. 

"There are no Ducks. Orion split us apart. You know, you left us with a real jerk." I say, kind of sitting up. 

"Orion? Well maybe you don't know the whole story. Come on, get dressed. Let's go." Bombay says. 

"Go away." I say again. 

"Can't do that. Come on." Bombay replies. He lifts up my mattress making me fall to the ground. 

"Get dressed, Charlie." Bombay says. 

Later we go to the ice rink and sit towards the top of the stands. 

"What is this all about?" I ask. 

"Sit down." Bombay replies. 

~~~End of POV~~~~

I enter the ice with Orion's daughter in her wheel chair and start skating around with her slowly. 

"Can we go faster please?" she asks. 

"Of course." I reply and go a little faster. She starts to giggle and her giggle was so adorable. 

~~~Charlie's POV Again~~~~ 

"That's his daughter, and that's Vanessa out with her. Vanessa adores his daughter. She was injured in a car accident about five years ago. He was driving, and they got sideswiped." Bombay tells me as we watch Nessa skate around with Coach Orion's daughter. I turn to look at him. 

"So that's why he gave up playing pros?" I ask. 

"When the North Stars left Minnesota, he stayed. He didn't want to disrupt her recovery. Her doctors and her friends were here." Bombay says.

"We all thought he was some washed-up bully who couldn't hack it, and Vanessa, we thought, well, I thought she was gonna be a snob just like the varsity team." I say.

"But she's not?" Bombay says. 

"Yeah, she's not. She's really sweet actually. I mean her boyfriend and his friends would be rude to us and she'd them to stop and then she'd walk up to us and apologize for the way they acted. Then the varsity team including Banks took us out for dinner at the Club and made us pay for it, the next day her and Adam came up to me and said they didn't have a clue. I didn't believe them and I don't know why. She's also really pretty." I say.