Eight

In the morning I woke up brushed my hair, then I went downstairs and my mom was in the kitchen. 

"Morning." mom says, as I walked into the kitchen. 

"Morning." I replied.  My mom was gonna say something but there was a knock at the door. 

"I got it." I say. I go to the door and open it and see the Ducks. 

"Just woke up huh?" Averman asks. I nodded. 

"Well, we were wondering if you wanted to go play schoolyard puck with us." Charlie says. 

"Oh, sure. Why not. Just let me get dressed really quick." I say. 

"You guys can come in if you want." I add. They all come in and Adam closes the door. Then I walk to the stairs and go up to my room. I pick out a pair of black leggings, a red spaghetti strapped crop top.  I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth. I grab a hair tie and do a half up half down low bun. I grab a flannel and put it on. Then I grab my roller blades and I also grab my hockey gloves and stick. Then I go downstairs.  I put my roller blades on. 

"Ok, let's go." Adam says. We all leave my house. 

When we get there we choose the teams. On one team it was Adam, Guy, Luis, Connie,  Dean, and me. Julie was our goalie and the others were on the other team.  

After a while of playing we were tied 9-9. We were only going to 10.  Adam got the puck and he passed it to me and I went to shoot and I made it in. My team won. 

"Whoo!" they all cheered. We played again and again. 

(Time Skip) 

I was skating back home to get ready for my date with Charlie. 

I get home and go inside. I sit on the couch and take off my roller blades. I put them away. I go upstairs and go into my bathroom and take a quick shower. 

After I finish showering I dry my hair then brush it. I brush my teeth. I put on a tank top and a shorts. I go to my closet. I pick out a spaghetti strapped red cropped tank top. I go to my dresser and pick out mom jeans. I go back to the bathroom and change. Then I put some mascara on. I put socks on. I grab my black high top converse and put them on. I put on some bracelets. 

"Vanessa! Charlie's here!" Mom yells up to me. 

"Coming!" I yell back. I go downstairs and see Charlie standing by the door. I smile. 

"Uh. Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yeah." Charlie replies. We leave. 

As we're walking to the diner I could tell something was off.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask. 

"Yeah, why?" Charlie replies. 

"Something seems off about you." I say. 

"Oh?" Charlie replied. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" I say. 

"Yes, Nessa. I'm sure." Charlie replies. He grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine. I smile. 

(Time Skip) 

We were waiting to order our food.

"Hey, uh, remember when you asked if I was okay?" Charlie asks. 

"Yeah, why?" I reply. 

"Well, uh, on my way to get you I ran into Rick and he said something." Charlie says. 

"Oh. What'd he say?" I say.

"He said that you were gonna end up using me. He said that you've done this a lot before." Charlie told me. My face dropped.