Three

Later after practice we go into the locker room and everything's like frozen. Cole pokes his varsity jacket with his stick and it falls and breaks. Cole points to something and we all turn around. There was something that was written kind of on the ceiling that said 'varsity sucks ice!' 

"Ducks." Ricks says under his breath. He punches his locker door that was open with his frozen varsity jacket on it. I knew Rick was gonna do something. 

The next day at lunch we approach the J.V. team with our new jackets. I was walking by Rick. 

"Hey, congrats on the Blake game." Rick says, all of us stopping behind Charlie. 

"Yeah, right. We tied." Charlie replied. 

"Hey, a point's a point." Rick said. 

"We're all Warriors now. You guys proved your guts. You all set for dinner Friday?" Rick adds. 

"Dinner?" Russ questions. 

"Well, it's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity got to treat the freshman to dinner. So, round up your posse and meet us at 6 at the Minnesota Club, downtown. Anybody need a ride we can take you. I mean you guys do like steak and seafood, right?" Rick says. 

"Yeah we do." Charlie says, looking back at us. 

"Look, I don't like you pukes, all right? But this is a tradition. At Eden Hall, I learned to care about tradition." Cole says then walks away. It was just Adam and I that were standing there. 

"It'll be fun." I say. 

"It's cool." Adam says. We both walk away. 

"I have a bad feeling about this thing. Do you know what they're gonna do, because no one told me. It's not a tradition, just don't tell anyone I told you." I say to Adam. 

"No, they didn't tell me either." Adam replied. 

"I think they might do something bad for 'payback' since they froze our jackets." I said. 

"Probably." Adam said. We reached our table. 

"I'm not gonna eat, I'm not hungry." I say, then I sat in my spot.

We finish the rest of the day like normal. 

Friday approaches and I kind of start getting nervous.

I wear a knee high sort of tight navy blue dress with my white converse. (I love converse) 

I sat on the other side of Charlie next to Cole. 

"I love this tradition! At my old school we didn't' have traditions like this." Averman said. 

Dwayne says something about how he has too many forks. lol

"Hey, you got to show me that triple deke, man. That's cool." Rick tells Charlie. 

"Yeah, sure. You know it's easier than it looks." Charlie replies. 

"Oh, you're being modest." Rick says. I lean over to Cole. 

"Why are we actually here? This isn't a tradition." I whisper to him. I seen Cole look to Rick and then back to me. 

"Rick told all us not to tell you." Cole whispered back. I roll my eyes. 

Rick stands up and taps his glass. 

"On behalf of the Eden Hall Warrior Varsity State Champion hockey team, I'd like to welcome the future state champs, the Eden Hall freshmen. Here, here." Rick said. All of the glasses clinked.