Epilogue

I STAND IN the airport surrounded by Walker, Andre, and John. It's currently around seven o'clock in the morning. John had already said goodbye to his siblings and his father, who just grunted in response. Ugh. The nerve of that man! He just makes me have this urge to blow him up. You know? 

 Anyways, we're in the airport. It's not that crowded as I'd though it'd would be at seven o'clock in the morning on a Sunday. We're back in Manhattan. We left at five o'clock this morning to catch the flight. It feels so wonderful to be back on the grounds again. Okay, I'll be honest. The flight wasn't that bad. We did hit one turbulence, which scared the hell out of me and I had to cling onto John for dear life, thinking the plane was about to crash, but other than that it went pretty smoothly. Now, we're just saying our final goodbyes to each other and waiting impatiently for a taxi. 

 "Well...guess this is it," Walker whistles, shifting a little uncomfortably on his feet, heaving the bag up onto his shoulder in a comfortable position. He glances at the three of us. 

 "Guess so," John murmurs, his arm wrapped around me tightly. 

 "Ben!" a shrilled feminine voice squeals. "Ben!" 

 Walker grins at the sound of the voice and it appears that all of his worries and burdens were suddenly lifted. I can see his facial muscles visibly relax. Walker grabs his suitcase and bag, grunting as he heaves the second bag onto his shoulder. 

 "That's my girl," Walker says. He winks at us. I couldn't help but smile as I rest my head on John's shoulder. "I gotta go catch my ride." He turns to me and nods once, tipping his hat a little. "Thank you, Alexander. It was a pleasure meeting you." 

 "You as well, Benjamin," I say kindly, shaking his hand firmly once.

 I watch as Walker turns to John, his old friend. The two gazes at each other before they finally embrace one last time. After about five minutes or so, they pull apart, gripping the others shoulders. Walker pats John's cheek affectionately. 

 "Hey, uh...if you and Alexander get married in the near future—" Walker begins. 

 I snort, trying to stifle the laugh that escapes me with the back of my hand as I stare at John's flushed face. His face is red as a strawberry as he pinches lips together in a firm line, his sky-blue eyes widening. He's startled as he fumbles for his words. 

 "M-Married? Uh...well, I um...I'd um...I um...well, if Alex—" John stutters. 

 "Anyways, as I was saying," Walker continues. "If you two get married in the near future...can I...can I be the best man?! Please?! Please?!" Walker clasps his hands together as if in prayer. 

John blinks in bewilderment, opening his mouth to say something but only to clamp it shut, glancing at me with confusion. I only shrug. He turns back to his old friend. 

"Please?! Please? Pretty please?! I really wanna be the best man!" 

 John glances over at me, pressing a kiss to my lips. "Well, if it's alright with Alex." 

 My eyes widen suddenly, my heart stops. I glance at him over my shoulder suspiciously, thinking he's hiding something from me. Thinking he's going to propose right here, right now. I suddenly wonder if they've practiced this. If they practiced this and Walker helped prepare John while they were in their cells together. Or maybe it's just me being paranoid again. 

 "You're not hiding something...are you, John?" I say, raising an eyebrow. 

 John shakes his head. "Mhm. I'm not, honey." 

 I glance over at Walker, feeling somewhat reassured. He locks his eyes with me.

 "Please?!" Walker begs.