Chapter 2

"Saint?? What are you doing here" Saint was startled by his mother Amy's voice behind him.

"Jesus Christ... Mom you scared me" Saint said while trying to breathe properly.

"Honey... How many times do I have to tell you not to come into my office and touch my files... It is all pretty confidential," she said in a soft voice.

"Oh come on mom, all your cases are pretty interesting you know... I can't stop myself." This wasn't the first time for Saint to sneak into his mom's office, every time he did it just out of curiosity but this was the first time he got his heart broken from one of Amy's cases.

"Anyhow... Come come... Let's go have lunch" Amy urged.

Amy pushed Saint out of the room and locked the door. They headed to the dining hall and the house maid served them with fried bacon, grilled chicken and cheese sandwiches and croissants. Saint just did not want his smart detective mother to find out he is actually down for some reason so he started a conversation.

"Mom...?"

"Oui..."(yes in French)

"How did this case get over so quickly? I am so surprised that the man actually paid you. I mean, you didn't even step out of the office"

"You" she pointed the butter knife in her hand at Saint and glared at Saint "you should stop eavesdropping on mine and my clients conversation... How many times should I tell you? My job is dangerous and if the information somehow gets out and it reaches the police you will be interrogated and I don't want you to get into that mess" even though Amy tries to sound bold, in Saint's eye she looks like a child trying to play a detective role.

"Oh come on mom... Your job is not that dangerous, you just go around luxury malls spying on rich ladies and along with that you get some of those bougie stuff as well"

"Hey... That's rude" Amy said while sulking "I... I... Get those stuff to fit in... Although I use it once and return it... But that's not the point. Those women's husbands and boyfriends pay me to spy on them, so I do... And I spy on men too, don't forget that, You don't know how famous and accomplished your mother his" she said, flipping her hair and feeling proud. "Anyhow I only help them see the truth"

"How did you possibly help Victor and Lisa? There love was so true but you had to get in and ruin it"

"Come on... You read that file?... And also I don't agree, Victor had a criminal background... He could have harmed Lisa"

"Then what about Monica and Fredrick?"

"Monica was only with Fredrick for his money and also she cheated on him multiple times"

"Well that's the exact case of your client who just left... What is his name? yes Bernard, Rebecca is only with him for his money and she has cheated on him too"

"Rebecca is not like how you think... She just wants love and attention, which Bernard doesn't give her. Bernard loves her yes, but he only gives her money and not his time, so at the end of the day I help my clients see the truth" suddenly Amy started imagining how Bernard and Rebecca would be making up with each other right now

"Ugh... gross, mom...stop making that face, you have been single for a long time, you should get a boyfriend other than imagining things about others, and also I don't understand your logic, Rebecca cheated on Bernard by going out with that... That... Panich guy... How is she good?"

"Because Zee Pruk Panich never misbehaves with anyone"

"What?" Saint asked suddenly, his heart filled with hope.

"Yeah that man Zee, yes he likes to have fun, but the last four times I've followed him... It's the same stuff, he takes them out for shopping, dinner, parties and everything. But he never once takes the girl to his room. I did not want to disappoint myself again by following him and trying to get some dirt on him, he does date all those girls yes... But he somehow makes them feel good about themselves and disappear from their lives."

"But...but those pictures were quite intimate"

"No they are not... Those are just random pictures of his dates. Hugging and throwing his arms around the girl to make them feel protected cannot be called intimate, he doesn't have that kind of thoughts on anyone... And if you're wondering about that picture where that girl is kissing his cheek... Well that was just a goodbye kiss and come on you're in Paris and your making a peck on the cheek a big deal"

Saint was internally smiling after knowing that the man in white who is known as Zee is not that bad. And for some reason his mom likes him which is not very common. Yet he still asked his mom

"Why do you like this man so much... You said it yourself he is a Playboy... Aren't those types of men bad?"

"I mean come on... Have you seen him... He is so handsome and above that he is Thai"

"Wait... So you're biased towards him because he is Thai?"

"No... Not at all Saint... No matter what, your mom is a detective and she sees what is good and what is bad and I know Zee is good."

"Huh... You're too optimistic to be a detective... I don't know how you are successful" Saint let it slip

"Ha... You said it... You admitted it that I am indeed good at my job" Amy was exhilarated

"What... no... I didn't~"

"Oh shut up I heard what you said, and you said I was successful"

"Er...er... Whatever I am going to my room"

"Haha... you can't take back what you just said son, because that's the truth, I am indeed successful." Amy yelled from behind while Saint made a beeline to his room.