1

March 18th 2015

Today is the day i can officially call myself an 16 year old.
Nobody believed I was still 15 anyway. But i guess it's nice to call it official now.
Today is my birthday.

Today is also the day i got a major hangover from last nights surprise party for my birthday. My mom would be disappointed in me for drinking so much but I couldn't give a shit. I probably should but my hangover is taking over right now and I'm trying not to throw up. I don't need another thing to worry about. I just need to spend the rest of my day in bed. As usual.

A loud and annoying sound buzzes in my ear. Soon enough i see my phone screen light up. My eyes are blinded by the sudden light of my phone and i see my friend Leah calling me.

"Do you know how early it is! For fucks sake!" I shout too my Friend Leah in a playful and sarcastic way.

"If you didn't drink that much beer and vodka last night you'd be able to look at your clock and see that it's already 2 PM" Leah giggled through the phone.

"Shut up" I laughed while i got out of bed and put on some sweatpants.

"Why are you calling me again?" I joked. I started walking downstairs to get some cereal. Thank god my mom isn't home from work yet.

"well I've got these tickets for a beauty and fashion event thingy, and I wa-" She couldn't event finish her sentence before I interrupted her.

"YES OF COURSE I WANT TO GO WITH YOU! OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" I practically screamed through the phone.

Beauty and fashion is my life. People think I'm stupid for not going to college and study for a 'real' career. They don't think being a makeup artist or a stylist is a real career but i see it as an art. Making sure a someone is ready for a photo shoot, catwalk, TV show or party, every detail having to be perfect, isn't that simple. Besides I'd do anything to get a job as makeup artist/stylist

"Jess! Calm down" Leah joked

"Okay, Okay." I laughed "When is it?"

"Next Saturday. You don't have any plans right?" Leah questioned.

fuck i have to work.
fuckfuckfuckfuck

"No, I can make it" I lied. I'm not going to work on Saturday. Hell no. I'm not going to let this opportunity slip away.

As soon as we planned everything and hung up the phone I texted my boss I can't come to work Saturday cause of 'Family stuff'.

I took my bowl of cereal from the counter, that I totally forgot, and walked to the couch.

After about 10 minutes of eating and watching TV I heard the door open and my mum came in.

"Jessica you look like hell!" My mum looked at me with a disgusted look. I haven't even had the chance to look in the mirror.

"I can tell you've been drinking at that party!" my mom added in a disappointing tone

"Sorry." was all i could say.

"Jessica you just turned 16! it's not normal for you to drink so much!" My mom spoke and walked towards me. "And you've been smoking too. I can smell it"

"Mom please. let it go" I said. I really wasn't feeling this conversation

"No I won't. You aren't allowed to do anything with friends this week. This isn't what normal teenagers do"

No. no. mom omg no. nO

"Mom please stop!" I shouted. Being stubborn is only going to make it worse so I decided not to respond to her comment and walk back upstairs. I'm going to that beauty event no matter what.

Authors note:
So hi guys! I'm Bente and Welcome to my book thingy. And for anyone who is actually going to read it, I hope it doesn't suck too much. I'm dutch so if i make spelling mistakes.. sorry for that.

This story is being held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and a lot of things that are going to happen in this book are personal experiences and it's based on some stuff i've been through in the past.

I don't want this story to be a like a regular fan fiction so I'm trying to make the story (line) as real and believable as possible.

If you have any questions or requests you can contact me on Instagram and Twitter!
IG: @ Bentellium
Twitter: @ 2bente2care

Love you all :)