Good food and warm cuddles

A long hard day's work was over

A long hard day's work was over. Lea finished taping for The Voice and she was glad of that accomplishment. She checked the time and it was almost midnight. She hoped to be home early and be with her husband, Ian, but when unexpected things happen during a taping, she had to go with the flow, be professional and patient. Thankfully, her husband understood when things like that would happen because his job would experience the same thing .

With her big handbag in tow, Lea got out of the studio and sighed. She couldn't believe that it was still raining. She thought that the downpour would've ended when Ian warned her. She called her driver to have her picked up. She was excited to head home and cuddle with her husband. Ian had been away for a couple of days too, he was doing a show and since their schedules finally matched, he suggested going on an out-of-town date which she happily agreed to.

As the driver pulled up in front of her, she stepped out into the rain as she couldn't wait for him to open the door for her, so she hurriedly pulled the handle only to find out that it was still locked. The driver was too late to realize what had happened, leaving her getting drenched under the rain. She just thought that a little rain wouldn't hurt anyway.

The ride home was uneventful because the traffic was so bad. The heavy rain caused flooding and Lea couldn't really do anything about it but keep herself busy with her phone and listening to the radio. She reached their home with a few lights that were still on, specifically the one from their bedroom and she was sure that Ian was still awake. He really did wait for her. She bid her driver good night as she hopped off, telling him to enjoy his days off since she didn't have work the next few days.

As she opened their bedroom, a smile quickly formed on her lips when she saw Ian on the bed, leaning against the headboard, his laptop on his lap, and some papers beside him. It would've been cute if he was welcoming her with hugs and kisses, but he was already asleep with matching light snores. She slowly worked her way in getting his things from him, trying her best not to wake him up while stowing away his things on the couch. When she was successful, she planted a light kiss on his forehead and slowly pulled him down, making him comfortable.

He's so tired but still tried to wait for me, she thought.

Lea quickly did her night routine as she could already feel the exhaustion slowly creeping into her system. She made herself comfortable under the sheets, wrapping herself with his arms, trying not to wake him up, but she heard him mumble, "Love..." she smiled at him. She enjoyed watching him sleep because he looked like a cute little kid. She planted a light kiss on his lips and whispered back, "Good night, Love."

Lea woke up the next day - well, technically after a few hours since she arrived at almost two in the morning; feeling a bit odd. With widened eyes, she scrambled in bed when she saw that it was almost nine in the morning. They're supposed to be on the road by seven in the morning. She was about to get ready when their bedroom door opened and Ian entered, still wearing his pambahay and an apron on.

"Love! Gising ka na pala!" He didn't expect his wife to be up already.

"Why didn't you wake me up? We're supposed to leave two hours ago! Why aren't you still dressed?" she threw questions at him. She was not amused since she was looking forward to this date the whole week.

Ian chuckled and went near her. He placed his palm against her forehead and checked her temperature.

"We're not going anymore. You have a fever."

"No, I don't! I'm fi- *achoo*" she suddenly sneezed.

"Now, you have a cold, too. Go back to bed, Love."

She shook her head, "I don't want to. I've been looking forward to this date!"

Ian gave her a warm smile and helped her get back on the bed. Thankfully, she didn't put up a fight.

"I know. Me, too. But even though you are well, we will still not push through." he said and her brow arched in curiosity. He pointed outside. "It's still raining, Love. According to the news, it's already signal number 2."

Lea pouted in disappointment. "Hindi ba talaga pwede?" she asked for another chance. Ian shook his head to confirm. "Where are you taking me ba?"

"Sailing sana... so it's really dangerous to go out in the open sea." Lea sighed. They really didn't have a choice then.

Accepting the situation, she suddenly felt warm and cold at the same time, confirming that she was under the weather. However, she couldn't absorb the fact that they would just stay at home.

"What are we going to do now?" she asked him.

Ian smiled, "Well, I want you to get better. Eat breakfast. Drink your medicine and sleep."

"That's boring, Love." she replied.

He clipped her nose with his fingers earning him a cute scowl, "I promise that when you feel a whole lot better, we can do whatever you like."

"Like what?" she questioned again like a five-year old.

"For starters, we can watch a movie in bed... or you can finally bake the sourdough that I'm craving for..." Lea smiled as she remembered that he'd been craving for that before he left for taping, "or we can binge-watch that series that you've been telling me."

"Are you seriously saying that you'll watch Ru Paul's Drag Race with me?"

Ian chuckled. "Yeah! Why not? Anything to make you feel better, Love."

Lea sighed in defeat. Whatever she threw at her husband, he'd have a rebuttal ready.

"Okay, Love. I give up. We'll just stay at home today."

"Good. Now I want you to eat breakfast. I made your favorites."

Lea sneezed again and he handed her the box of tissues, "You did?"

Ian nodded, "Then after breakfast, I will give you cuddles, okay?"

Lea pouted as she felt so touched with how her husband was taking care of her. He knew exactly what she wanted whenever she was sick - good food, warm cuddles, and his company would make her feel better.

"As much as I want to kiss you on your cute lips..." he planted a kiss on the crown of her head, "I can't because we can't be both sick. Stay put and I'll get your food."

Ian was about to step out when Lea called him again. He looked back at his wife, "Thank you, Love. I love you."

He smiled. "I love you, too."

"