Favorite Flight

Another day, another flight. Ian had been on consecutive flights that week and he's excited that he would be on a three-day vacation in Europe before flying back home again. "Good morning, Captain Veneracion!" Crissy, one of the flight attendants greeted him once he got on the plane. He greeted her back and the other FAs followed suit with which he offered a smile to all of them.

"Is Captain Ortega here?" He asked while checking his phone. He left a message for his girlfriend an hour ago, but she hasn't replied yet and it's not like her. She would always reply when she's not busy.

"Naku, Capt! Hindi si Capt. Ortega ang naka-assign today." He got confused at what he heard. He clearly saw his friend's name on the log book. He even double checked it before entering the plane.

"Huh? Eh nakita ko yung -"

"Naghihintay na sa loob yung partner mo for today, Capt. Pasok ka na para makapag-welcome na kami ng passengers." Alex, another FA interrupted him with a smile.

He checked his watch and they were right. No more time for chit-chats since the flight can't be delayed. Whoever his partner will be for that flight had to be good. He doesn't like second guessing when it comes to his job especially when he has been a pilot for almost a decade now.

He opened the cockpit door and his partner was already seated, checking the logbook. He cleared his throat. "Good morning. I'm Captain Ian Veneracion." He introduced himself. He was about to say more when the other pilot turned to face him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped at the sight of the woman in front of him.

"Good morning, Captain Veneracion. I'm Captain Lea Salonga. It's a pleasure to fly alongside with you today."

Ian tried to say something but his tongue might've been taken out of his mouth. Lea giggled at the man in front of him. Shocked is an understatement. Her surprise was a success.

"Are you going to say something?"

"Oh my god, Love! What are you- What are you doing here?" He finally knew what to say. He immediately pulled her into a hug which she reciprocated. He pulled away and looked at the beauty in front of him. He still couldn't believe that his girlfriend was there with him. "Again, what are you doing here?"

Lea smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "It's so nice to see you, too, Love!" He chuckled. "To answer your question, I will be your second pilot today."

Her brows scrunched. "Wait, you can do that? You don't work for our airline."

"I can do that because..." she raised her new ID to show him. "I work here now."

Ian couldn't believe what he just heard. "What do you mean you work here? Bakit hindi ko 'to alam?" His mind was having a hard time processing things.

Lea giggled at him. "I wanted to surprise you. And I didn't tell you because I don't know if I'll get accepted. Besides, we've been complaining that we don't see each other often because of our schedules. So, ginawan ko ng paraan. At least now, we get to have plane dates!"

He chuckled. "Thank you for this surprise, Love. I'm very happy."

"Me, too. I haven't seen you for almost a week already. That's why I tried my very best to get this flight so that I can spend time with you. This is a 16-hour flight to Paris. Siguro naman that's enough time for a catch up?"

Ian's smile was so big at what she said. He pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Babawi ako, Love. When we get to Paris, since we have three days off, we can go and stroll around. So hindi lang plane date... Paris date na rin."

This time it's Lea who got on her tippy toes and planted a kiss on his lips. "I can't wait, Love." He smiled. "Now, let's fly this plane?" She asked and he nodded.

She pulled away first and went back to her seat while he was still in shock at what she just pulled off. Then he smiled and inserted his hand in his pocket, feeling the small red box that he had been holding on for the past few days.

Now it's his turn to surprise her and there's no better place to do that but in Paris.