•SIXTY-TWO•

"It just doesn't fit....Dharaaa" Zoya whined while trying to zip a red bodycon dress in Dhara's boutique.

"Yeah, coz that's not your size." She replied from her desk looking at her in front of the mirror.

"Yes it is! C'mon...I always get this size only."

"Awle my honey.... When you just eat, sleep and write..this is exactly what happens. Human body expands." Dhara marked a metre's length of gap between her hands.

"Tum mujhe moti bol rahi ho?"

"Mai bas jhoot nahi bol rahi."

"Still...TUMNE moti bola."

"But maine MOTI nahi bola."

"Bhaavna toh vahi thi na!?"

"Don't go on the intentions, go for the words."

"Awle my honey...you can't change sayings as per your convenience."

"Sorry honey...but as long as you're going to pay for the damages, do whatever you want with that." She pointed at the dress.

"The larger size will be....lose."

"Hmm... I'll alter...let's see." She approached her and took the zipper in her hand. "Just ..a bit..." She mumbled.

"This red looks good, to be honest."

"Ahan...pretty lady... You do look hot."

"Thanks." She slightly flipped her hair.

"What's a occasion tho?"

"A party...kind of... It's an event for the stockholders or something....in a way related to the chairman's election."

"Aditya Hooda...again..." She huffed almost inaudibly.

"Kuch kaha?"

"Nahi...but going in such an event, with Aditya. Don't you think that's gonna make things official? I mean... all's good until uncle sees his daughter with a filthy rich man on the newspaper."

"Aditya said...media can be taken care of..."

"Or maybe not. When do you think is the right time to tell your father?"

"If I tell him now, it'll be messy. If things go right, Abbu will insist on marriage or..maybe not. But I'm trying to be positive here...Aditya is still not the chairman and marriage and stuff will be too much to handle. So...I think....now is not the time."

"Hmmm...." Dhara nodded sideways and looked at Zoya in the mirror. "Lemme get something else for you... it's too sexy for an official event."

"Uh hun....if you think so."

Dhara was looking through the dresses when Zoya continued.

"Ek baat bataun? I'm wondering who's Abeer going to bring as his date to the party."

Dhara didn't reply and continued to search while still listening.

"I don't think he has a girlfriend...does he?" She continued.

"Tere boyfriend ka bhai hai...mera nahi ... How'd I know?....this?" Dhara picked out a short pale-pink pencil skirt with a white satin shirt and a same shade of pink blazer.

"Too official.... I'm not an employee.."

"Yeah....right..." She went back to searching.

"She isn't interested, for sure. Maybe Arjun just assumed things between them. Mujhe toh khud hi bata deti." She thought.