Chapter 1- All For Me

WARNING: There is some bloody disgustingness at the end of this chapter. You have been warned.

I woke up with a start. Breathing heavy, I sat up and looked around my room.

"I'm home, I'm here, relax." I told myself between wheezes. I took a few deep breaths as I glanced at my alarm clock. The red lettering read 2:36 AM.

"Crap." I sighed and lay my head back down on my pillow. Every time Peter goes on a hunting trip, I get these nightmares. I don't care much how they start, or what goes on in the middle. The only thing that really gets me is how it ends. Every single time Peter dies in the end. Every. Single. Time. I punch my pillow with all of the force I've got. I continue until I'm too tired to move.

The noise must have woke Mindy, because she rushes into my room with a nervous look. "Kota? Are you alright? What's going on? What was that noise? Why are you awake so early?"

I'm so flustered by her flurry of questions that I just stare at her for a second. She sighs and tells me to scoot over. I do, and she sits on my bed. Her face has a soft and motherly look.

Sometimes I have to wonder what life would be like with a mother. Heck, life with parents even. I don't remember much about my parents, other than what I know from pictures. My mom had long blonde hair, hazel eyes that always seemed to have a spark in them. My dad was tall, muscular, and kind looking. His hair was always long and parted in the center. In all the pictures I had seen, he was clean shaven, and calm. His brown eyes had that spark too. I never saw anyone else with a spark in their eyes. It was only them. I missed my parents, even if I had never really known them.

Mindy was softly singing a lullaby to me now. The words were soft, sweet, and kind. I knew Mindy was trying her best to fill the role as our mother. I also knew that when Peter was home he tried to be our father. They never spoke about our parents. I guess they didn't want me to worry or be sad or whatever. I realized all they were doing was just for me. It was all to protect me. And I guess that felt nice, but it also felt a bit childish. I knew I shouldn't feel that way, but I couldn't help it. I'm sixteen years old now. I can take care of myself like every boy should. I regretted the thought as soon as it crossed my mind. How could I think that? They are just doing it all for me!

I pushed away those thoughts and concentrated on Mindy's hair. It smelled of coconut and vanilla. It was the color of mud, I thought. That sounded wrong to me and I tried to search for something else to compare it to. I finally come to a conclusion. It looked like father's hair. Long and dark.

Mindy smiled at me and said, "Get some more sleep. See you in the kitchen at seven. Sleep well Dakota."

I nodded, but knew in the back of my mind that I probably wouldn't fall back asleep. Then she left to go back to bed. I flipped over onto my side and tried to sleep, but the memories of my dream flooded me back to a violent horror.

Peter was tied and gagged to a pole in a closed room. There was a levi looking at him.

"Your aroma is...intoxicating." It said with a smirk.

I couldn't move. I tried to scream, to reach out to my brother, but it was no use. My mouth was dry and I felt like my body was a statue.

I saw Peter's eyes. They looked tired and beaten as the levi untied him from the pole and pushed him onto his knees.

"I'm going to enjoy eating you." The levi growled in Peter's face. Peter said something incomprehensible through the gag. Then he stood up and lunged head first towards the levi.

The leviathan dodged Peters attack, and quickly turned around, its eyes furious.

I saw the levi's jaw unhinge and the teeth of a human grow into enormous sharp teeth. It's head reared back and a forked tongue stuck out in the air. It laughed with the sound of a thousamd demons. It's eyes were an evil blur. I tried to look away, but my eyes seemed glued to what was happening.

The leviathan tackled Peter and wrestled him to the ground. Peter tried to get up but it was too late. The levi was ripping into his chest, crimson liquid was spraying everywhere. Peter's screams piercing my ears.Tearing into his skin and crunching bones like twigs. His blood sprayed on my face and the levi laughed again. It was clearly enjoying hearing the pain. Peter was struggling but was so weak he could barely even take in a breath. The levi then devoured his head whole. Peter stopped moving. I stopped breathing.

A/N

I liked the ending to that one. And if you are creeped out, don't say I didn't warn you. The next chapter is about the camp that Dakota, Peter, and Mindy live in. I think it is necessary to give a little background information, it might come in handy later. ;D