chapter 27: find me

~ { Karl's POV } ~

I sighed and sunk lower into my maroon colored sofa. It was a late summer afternoon, the sun was setting over the blank horizon. Birds and bees buzzed around happily content with the assortment of flowers I let Ghostbur plant in my front yard. The view was so magical, so naturally alluring. Not a stain of civilization or artificial beauty.

The blood red sun shone dimly through my window. I wanted to do something worthwhile, but what was I to do? Half my books were lost somewhere in my house, and the other half were old novels that I've read dozens of times over, to the point where the thrill and mystery was lost.

I stood up and dragged myself over to my kitchen. The fridge, as expected, was stocked with Monsters for me to drink. My friends always worried about it, but I didn't mind. It still helped me stay awake.

After grabbing the cold energy drink, I sat on a tall cushioned stool and slowly sipped the drink, each drop seemingly soaking into my body and refueling my energy.

Once I couldn't drain any more liquid from the can, I threw it into the recycle bin and walked into the living room to sleep on my couch, again.

Ever since Sapnap and Quackity slept over a few weeks ago and made my bed for me, I slept on my couch, so as to not mess up the sheets. The uncomfortable cushions hurt my back, but it was a small price to pay for my boyfriends.

Then I felt myself being lifted up. My hair rose slightly with an airy feeling cruising throughout my body. I shut my eyes, knowing what was happening. It sometimes just unconsciously happened. I was time traveling.

A swirl of purple and lime green rotated and mashed into a large oval shaped portal that appeared in the middle of my living room. The light was so bright it penetrated through my close eyelids. My body drifted slowly into it and fell onto a white marble floor.

The Inbetween.

The tall stone walls that reflected every light ray that entered and stood confidentially were recognizable.

I walked forward and entered a hallway with a few directions. I took a right and ran into another intersection. I turned left and strolled into an empty room with a small area of nature in the center.

I walked to it and sat on the swing. I watched the butterflies drone about and waited patiently for one of them to fly towards me and glow brightly. Then I could travel.

But I waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. The colorful insects were fun to watch, but I got restless after a while.

"Hello? Is something gonna happen?" I called out to no one in particular. My voice echoed and ricocheted off the strong walls. No response, as expected.

I layed down and made myself comfortable on the swing. The wood was smooth and gave no splinters, but it was cold. I just tried to get some rest while waiting for something to happen.

(12 hours later — sorry, i feel like i rushed the intro so much! i struggle with slowing down, especially with intros, but i don't usually have ideas to fill the story up more :[ promise i'll try to do better in the future!)

My eyes flickered open and my senses were immediately assaulted by noise and light around me. I blinked and sat up. I stretched and felt a few of my bones crack.

Gazing around, it dawned on me that I had fallen asleep in the Inbetween. This usually never happened before, I always spend up to 2 minutes here before time traveling. Something was wrong, it must've been a bug in the system.

Again, I sighed and blinked drowsily. Though there was no sun to greet me. Just an old oak tree with butterflies swimming around it.

I wanted to call for someone, but I forgot who. I don't know how I forgot, I just did. It started with an S... or an A... or P... Sap? Sapnap!