Nightmares and Fairytales 3

[Sadie's POV]

     Millie collapses into the corner of the elevator, I quickly run through the door before it closes. I realize that if we are in an elevator, hundreds of people will see THE Millie Bobbie Brown, crying in an elevator.. and that wouldn't be good for business, or the wedding. So, I hit the "In Case Of Emergencies Stop" button, and sure enough, I don't feel the elevator moving anymore. "Mills.." She continues sobbing, looking up at me this time. "W-Why did you follow me?" I think for a second "To be honest.. I'm not sure, it's like something deep inside me, it..made me run after you." She wipes her nose on the sleeve of her dress. "You should go be with Bailey, not here with me." I walk over to the corner, ignoring her insist, I lean my back against the wall, the cold, metal wall, brushing my hands through her hair, "Why are you with Finn.." her body heat warms my hands, she lays her head down on my lap. "I-I've missed this.." She lets the last few tears she has run down her cheeks. She's ignoring my question. "He's like Mike." I say, hoping she still understands my reference. "Yes, like Mike.. Mike is good to El." She says, almost like she's trying to convince herself she's right. "No," I say, continuing to pet her head "Mike treats El like garbage.. He, Finn.. is treating you like garbage." She moves her head, sitting up to look me in the eyes. "No, He's a good man." I sigh "Why are you with Finn?" She hesitates, probably looking for an answer. "Why.. Why are you with Bailey?" I adjust myself, looking deep into her eyes. "Because I love her." She seems indifferent. "Why did you say that?" I blink "Mills, I've said a lot of things.. you'll have to be more speci-" "Why'd you tell me that you didn't like girls when we almost kissed on my terrace outside of my apartment the night I threw the Goodbye Party?" I knew that would come back to haunt me eventually.. "Can we talk about something else..?" She scoots a little bit closer, a light smirk on her face "Sure," I gulp. "How can you love someone who shows no respect for you at all.." I roll my eyes "What are you talking about?" She frowns "You haven't noticed?" I chuckle, almost doubtfully "Noticed what?" She seems fired up about this one "I saw the rings.." I look at her questionably. She grabs my right hand, I try to jerk away, but she stops me. "She got you a piece of plastic.." I roll my eyes "What does-" She narrows her eyes into mine "You got her a ring that costs at least as much as $20,000 .. which I know you can't afford." I sigh, very quietly, the brunette moves a bit closer, her eyes flickering to my own, and then to my lips. "She's brok-" "She's an heiress to a multimillion dollar family man, if she really was broke she would be forgiven.. but she asked you, nee, probably begged you to get her a ring she knew you couldn't afford." I look at her lips, she licks her own. "Lord knows if it was me in Bailey's spot, I would have at least evened the playing field." I suddenly had a jolt of.. well I'm not quite sure. "Well you aren't!" I jerk my hand out of hers and scoot away, just a little bit, I don't want to make her think that I hate her. "..." She looks down, her hands folded in her lap "Please don't cr-" "She ordered a steak." I look down "There were hundreds of vegan options on the menu, hell, most of the food here tastes like cardboard... So I wondered why she ordered a steak,, I also noticed that you realized.." She looked up at me, her eyes full of tears again. "Hell, I even tried that God awful food because I didn't want to hurt your feelings when we went out to eat, even tonight." I sigh, knowing that she's right, at least about this. "If she really knew you, she would know how much you love animals.. If she loved you the way I can tell you love her, she would have sacrificed, at least her meals with you, to eat non-animal products. When I met you and you told me you were a vegan, I damn near almost gave up animal products because of how passionate you were about it!" She says, almost in a yell. "So tell me how yo-" I decide to shut her up, I hug her, very close to myself, wrap my arms around her waist. Her body seems like she went limp out of shock, she begins to cry, wrapping her arms around my back. "Sads.. I missed you.. so much." She snuffles into the back of my neck. "You're right." "Hm?" "She doesn't really respect me.. hell, her proposal left much to be desired.." I whispered into the brunette's shoulder length hair. I could feel her breath as she moved towards my ear "I'm sorry your fiancée sucks.." I smile "I'm sorry your fiancé sucks too." We both pull away, still holding onto each other. I look into her eyes and she looks into mine. Wait.. I can't do this. Right as I'm about to let go, the elevator door slides open, rather harshly. Behind it, the NYC Fire Department, and about.. 100 members of the press. Shit.

N/A
929 words
last part of three coming your way in about 30-1 hour, until then
enjoy!