3.

February 26th, 2022

Ally

Liam is officially two years old today. I dedicated this entire week to planning a Cars themed party for him. That means the wedding planning has been put on hold until further notice. It's my baby's second birthday.

"You look like Lightning McQueen." I grin, brushing my forefinger along Liam's little nose.

He giggles. By the time he's four, he'll probably love the color red. He's seen so much of it since he could identify shapes and colors.

"Mama, I two." He holds up two fingers.

"Yes you are!" I smile. "And I don't want you getting any older."

I tickle him and he laughs, trying to push my hand away. I love my boy so much.

"My little boy is two." I frown. "I still can't believe it."

"Babe, he's not going to get any younger." Ben exclaims, entering the living room with Ryder and Karlie in his arms. "Might as well enjoy it while it's still here."

I poke out my bottom lip, accepting two month old Karlie from him. Ryder is six months old and I'm still trying to process that.

"They literally just came out of the womb." I shake my head, looking down at Karlie.

Over the past two months that we've had her, her eye color has truly started to pop. It's a mix of hazel and green. They're beautiful.

"She's going to be quite the heartbreaker." I say, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"Hell nah." Ben said.

I laugh at his distaste for Karlie dating in the future.

"You have to let her grow up Ben." I grin.

"Not on my watch." He said. "That's gone be my baby girl forever."

Ben leans down, leaving a kiss on Karlie's forehead.

"Don't ever grow up on daddy." He mumbles, before leaving a kiss on her cheek. He then points at Liam. "That goes for you too."

Liam and I smile. He chastises Ryder too, ensuring that none of his children grow up on him. I stand up and make my way to the kitchen. We haven't started decorating for the party yet, but we do plan to start in a couple of hours. We're waiting on everything else to get here so we can.

"I'm going to make my big boy something good to eat." I say, strapping Karlie to my chest so I can make brunch.

Mama is officially on duty.

* * *

"Where do you want this?" Ben asked, holding the red, black, and white streamer in his hand.

"Right over the sliding door." I point.

He nods, walking that way. Tahj and Nate came over to help us with the decorations. They're such amazing friends to Ben and they're super helpful with the boys. They really deserve Best Godfather awards because they are truly the best.

"Do you like it Ry?" I ask Ryder, holding him on my hip.

He sucks on his pacifier, looking up at his dad hang up the streamers. I look up at Ben as well.

"Please be careful babe." I say.

"I'm good baby." He answered.

He gets down after a minute, walking over toward us. He leaned down to kiss Ryder's cheek. Ryder smiled, moving away. Then he holds his hands out for him and Ryder goes.