8.

May 8th, 2022

Ben

"Taste that, tell me what you think." I tell Liam, holding a piece of the chocolate chip pancake I just made.

He eats it off the fork, then nods.

"It's good?" I ask him.

"Mhm."

"Alright good."

He places his hands on my shoulder then lays his head on his hands, watching me cook.

It's not as easy navigating with a two year old on your hip, but I aspire to beat that challenge. Ally does it so effortlessly, but that must be the power of the mom.

Speaking of moms, today is Mother's Day. I decided to make Ally a quick little breakfast. It requires her favorites. Chocolate Chip pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs with cheese. There's a bowl of mixed fruit on the side, along with a glass of Orange Juice. She loves a full course breakfast.

I also planned to have the kids all day that way she doesn't have to worry about being a mom today. She can take a break and relax from mommy duty.

Since Liam was the only one awake, I brought him downstairs with me so he didn't wake her. He's been my little helper by being my taste tester. I also fed him already so that he wouldn't be hungry.

"Alright. Let's go get this to mommy." I say.

I get everything set up with one hand, then place it on the bed tray. Yup, she's having breakfast in bed.

We get upstairs and see that she's starting to wake up. She sits up when she sees us enter the room and her mouth opens in shock.

"Happy Mother's Day." I smile.

"Happy Moder's Day." Liam exclaims.

Ally giggles at his mispronunciation and I chuckle a bit. I bring her the tray, sitting it over her legs.

"Thank you guys." She says.

"You're welcome." I leave a kiss on her forehead.

I start to make my way out of the room.

"Where are you guys going?" She asks with some food in her mouth.

"I'm going to keep the kids occupied all day today so you can spend this day child free." I answer.

She swallows the food.

"You don't have to do that Ben." She uses the napkin to clean her mouth.

I shrug. "I want to. Besides, you deserve a day off."

She smiles. "That's sweet."

"Yup." I head to the door. "Enjoy your day babe."

I close the room door behind me on the way out. Liam lays his head on my shoulder as I walk toward Ryder's room. He was laying in his crib kicking his little feet around.

"Hey buddy." I say.

He coos, looking up at me and Liam.

"Wanna hang out with daddy today?" I ask him.

He kicks his feet around some more, smiling at us. I walk over to the chair in the corner and sit Liam down. Then I pick up Ryder and take him over to the changing station.

I change his diaper then get him dressed in a blue onesie. After I'm done with that, I pick him up. I walk over to where Liam is and hold my free hand out to him.