6.

April 14th, 2022

Ben

"I think this is the one." Ally exclaims, rubbing my back.

"You think so?" I ask her.

She looks up at me, nodding. "Yeah."

This house is the biggest we've looked at and it has a little more space than the one we're in now.

"It's not too big, and it's not too small." She said. "Its got the current house by a couple square feet and that's what makes it perfect."

I nod in agreement to her. We've been looking at some new places for about two weeks now, and we're not even close to done. But Ally believes that this is the house she wants.

"We still have other options to look at, so don't count those out." The realtor, Mike, exclaims.

Ally nods at his exclamation. I've been keeping my distance with this because I want it to be Ally's choosing, but I do offer my thoughts every now and then. However, the only time I really involve myself is when he gives my fiancée googly eyes. I don't play about my girl.

"There's another place a couple of streets down, but they're currently doing a house tour. So I can show you guys that place another day that way you can see it exclusively." He looks between the both of us.

"That'll be good." Ally nods.

"Alright then." Mike grins. "I'll see you guys then."

Ally smiles and shakes his hand. I give him a nice firm handshake, with a little warning squeeze to it. It doesn't seem to faze him though.

I let Ally walk out the door first, then I follow behind her. Just in case Mike decided he wanted to have a look.

We get to the car and I open the passenger door for her. She gets in and I close it behind her. On my way to the drivers side, I see Mike coming out the house with the phone pressed to his ear.

He better be about his business.

As I get into the drivers seat, I think about who he's talking to and if he ever talks about Ally to his friends.

"I really like this house a lot Ben." Ally says, looking out of the passenger seat window.

"It is a nice house." I say, starting the car.

I scroll through social media for a bit, waiting for him to pull off first. Then I buckle up and put the car on drive.

"Are you hungry?" I ask her, pulling up to a stop sign.

"Yes. I'm craving Chick-Fil-A." She says.

I side eye her. "Something you wanna tell me?"

She furrows her brows. "No."

"Okay." I signal a left turn.

"Did you just assume I was trying to tell you I'm pregnant?" She asks me.

I shrug, turning the wheel to make the turn.

"No Ben, I'm not pregnant." She giggles.

"I'm just saying." I say, leaning my elbow against the sill of the drivers side window.

"Because we haven't been having sex as frequently?" She says.

I shrug again.

"Oh Ben." She exclaims, placing her hand on my thigh.

I cover my mouth and inhale through my nose, tensing up a bit.

"All you had to do was just say so." She teases.