Chapter Twelve

{~ Chapter Twelve ~}

{~ Happy birthday ~}

Fire, Water, Earth , And Air.

When I was much younger My Mother, Chief of Police Lin Beifong, gave me to My Aunt and Uncle, Suyin and Baatar Beifong, for them to raise me.

There My Aunt told me many stories but one of how Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko turned the Fire Nation Colonies into The United Republic Nation

I always looked up to be like My Grandfather..

But sadly Avatar Aang time had come to an end and just like the cycle of seasons... The Cycle of the Avatar became... anew..

±

It had been almost a month. And Kaiya absolutely hated it. She wasn't exactly grounded though; just no seeing friends, more meditation time and less Airbending training... And less seeing her Mother. Kaiya felt bad, she knew her parents had an argument and since then, Lin and Tenzin hadn't been talking. Kaiya often 'overheard' Pema talking to Tenzin about Lin and they would stop, why? She always made a noise.

But last night Kaiya went to bed hoping no one would remember her birthday, but knowing her Aunt Su, she informed Tenzin and Pema.. and then Lin probably told them.

Kaiya had never been big about her birthday; She didn't like the idea of having a day to herself, it was odd to her. Her Aunt, Uncle, even her cousins encouraged it, but she just asked for small, simple presents.. But everyone here was.. what would be the right word.. extreme? Yeah that fit. But she was still new here, and even though her siblings were young.. she didn't want them to feel she was taking their family away.

Kaiya turned in her bed to see something on her desk causing her to groan. She stood up and walked over to the desk to see some clothes that were rather.. air nation colors.. spiritsthis day wouldn't be fun.. especially if they were the same ones that Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo wore.

X

Pema and Jinora smiled as Kaiya walked into the dining room in the Airbender clothes. The shirt and pants were yellow, The shirt went up to her neck where red brimmed around it and a triangle was cut out on it, the shirt showed some of her stomach. The baggy pants went into the light brown light-weight shoes. She had a belt that held the orange clothing that went over her shoulder and went down to her knee then met back at the belt. The red belt hung off the side to her calf. Then an orange sleeve-glove.

They had planned that outfit for Kaiya for a the past week and Jinora offered something that Tenzin had gotten for a family gathering and it was to big, and she didn't like it but would never tell Tenzin that; so they cut it (and sewed it) where it would fit Kaiya's style.

"Happy birthday!" Ikki and Meelo exclaimed and ran then hugged Kaiya almost knocking down. "Thank you guys! Uh.. Thank you guys for the clothes! I actually really like them!" She said rather nervously with a smile and rubbed the back of her neck, "We're happy you like them! Mom and Jinora worked on them for a little bit!" Ikki exclaimed causing Kaiya to look at them and smile.

But deep down she felt bad; Pema should be preparing for her Baby (considering the due date is rather close), not doing things for Kaiya. She walked over, squatted down and hugged the both of them.

"Your father wanted to be here for breakfast but he had an early meeting. He might appear half way through or a little after breakfast. But these three have a surprise for you" Pema said with a smile, "Okay..Thank you guys, you three didn't have to do anything-" "Of course we did! You're our sister!" All three chimed causing Kaiya to get slightly flustered and looked down. Pema looked up at Kaiya's happy smile, it warmed her heart.