A Secret is Always Told

New York 2004

New York 2004

A few months had past since Rebecca and Mark had started dating, Derek was still oblivious to the fact that his baby sister and best friend were dating. For the last few months they had been sneaking around everyone, especially Derek and Addison. They knew that Derek would appreciate it if both of them told him rather than him finding out from someone else or he would just be angrier.

After a long day in the practice they headed back to Mark's apartment. Mark and Rebecca were on Mark's couch, they unofficially had moved in together because Rebecca spent most of her time in Mark's apartment. Rebecca's head on Mark's shoulder as she slowly drifted to sleep. His arms were tightly around her waist as pulled her closer towards him.

Everything was calm and silent until a loud bang came from the other side of Mark's door, leading Rebecca to pull herself from Mark's shoulder and looked at him confusedly.

He had the same confused expression om his face and looked at the door saying "I have no idea." before looking back at Rebecca. He barley invited anyone over these days and if he did he made sure Rebecca wasn't there because the feared someone finding out.

They just sat at the sofa starring at the door and it was silent. "I must just be the wrong apartment then" Rebecca said as she looked back at Mark. From the time she had jumped from Mark's shoulder she had changed her position so she was straddling Mark with both legs each side of his hips. His hand immediately found her waist and they were just gazing into each others eyes.

Mark started smiling widely which led Rebecca to ask "What? Why are you smiling" with her own smiling creeping up from the side of her mouth.

"You're just so beautiful" Mark said as he continued studding her face It immediately caused Rebecca's smile to widen and for her to look away from Mark.

He gathered her attention back toward him as he moved a piece of hair from her forehead and placed it behind her ear. He would often do this and it would always cause Rebecca to have butterflies, she was weak in his touch. She leaned forward and captured his lips onto hers. The kiss was slow and gentle at first and stared getting more passionate by the second.

They were both so deep in the moment that they didn't realize that the knocking at the door had re started. They were both snapped from reality when they heard a familiar voice, "Mark! Mark!" shouting from the other side of the door.

Rebecca jumped up from Mark and in a whisper said "Derek". Both of them didn't know what to do and their fear only grew when they heard a dropping of keys.

"Go. Go" Mark said in a loud whisper and confusing truck his girlfriend "I gave him a key a while back so he could crash here if he had an argument with Addison".

"What?" Rebecca said as she couldn't believe it she looked around and just headed into Mark's bedroom and locked the door.

Just when Mark's bedroom door closed with Rebecca out of eyesight his front door flew open and a drunk Derek came flying in. He looked at Mark shocked to see him as he didn't answer the door Derek just thought he would be out.