Chapter 5(28)

Nearly two weeks had passed since everyone had arrived at the safe spot and the group had finally made a plan.

Overall the plan wasn't that complicated but there were a lot of factors that played into a successful outcome. Meaning that every time someone had come up with something that just might work it was usually shot down because so much as one minor flaw could be found.

They had sat in the cramped makeshift conference room for days upon days trying desperately to find some plan that would work. Eventually they had decided to do the most important thing first and come up with a new code that they could use to communicate with each other. Seeing as the spy still had yet to be caught, those in charge of making the plan decided to keep the code confidential until a plan had been properly formed.

After they had carefully crafted what they presumed to be the absolute perfect code they moved onto the plan,  which in comparison to the code, was substantially easier.

They finally emerged from the building they had been locked up in for the last 12 days to announce a meeting scheduled for the next day.

During their time in the planning room, the rest of the people at the base had been collecting supplies and mining non-stop in order to generate enough supplies for the final mission to be successful. After hearing of the meeting the following day people pulled together and worked even harder than ever before knowing that they would be leaving shortly after the plan was released.

The following day came a bit too quickly for George's liking. He stood on the makeshift stage that they would be presenting the plan on, looking down at the tens of thousands of faces looking back up at him. He was nervous to say the least. He had never presented something in front of this many people before, besides streams of course but that was different. He subconsciously drifted closer to Dream gripping the others arm for reassurance.

Dream smiled down at Goerge who was now clinging painfully tight onto his arm. "Hey can you maybe loosen your grip a bit your starting to cut off my circulation." Dream laughed.

George looked up, startled at the noise. He realized that he was clinging onto Dream's arm and flushed a deep red.

"S-sorry." he stuttered looking away.

"Hey, it's ok." Dream lifted George's chin forcing the boy to look at him. Dream noticed George trembling and realized that George was nervous of speaking in front of all these people " do you want me to speak for you?" Dream offered.

George gave a small nod before leaning in to hug Dream.

The announcement started as soon as everyone cramed themselves into the space far too small for 35000 people below the stage.

The team first addressed the issue with the new code and explained that because the spy was still out there no one else could be trusted with the code.

They then went onto explaining the actual plan which was mostly simple.

"So basically we will gather a small-ish group of people to help those of us who came up with the plan and in about 2 days we will go in search of the end portal leaving a few people from our team behind to decipher the message once we find the portal" wilbur explained looking over to jack to continue.

"By doing things this way we will risk the least amount of lives and we will be able to travel the fastest.This will also give everyone else time to get fully prepared to battle the ender dragon and in turn give us the highest possible chance of succeeding" Jack said.

"You may also be wondering how we are supposed to get everyone to the end portal and the answer to that is we won't. Any children and people who don't want to fight along with some guards will stay back so they are safe. Everyone else will have to come to help kill the dragon because this is our most challenging task yet and it is our final one making it the most important. Also be warned we have no clue what to expect, although we can expect this to be far more complicated than it normally would be." Dream concluded, sending everyone back to the task they had to complete.