No Matter What

I awoke to see a bright and smiling Alex with the hallway light hitting all his distinct features. He had plopped himself on the corner of our bed in a selfish attempt to wake me up because he had woken up too early and couldn't go back to sleep. "Y/nnnn" he softly cooed at me "wake up my sweet, I have the most fantastic idea" he flashed his toothy grin at me and looked as if someone had told him he could pick anything from the sweet shop. "Aly, come back to bed pleasee" I rubbed my eyes and lifted my neck to use my pleading eyes on him.

"I have your outfit picked out, please" I sat all the way up, suddenly intrigued. "YOU picked out MY outfit?" I was a creative director for Vogue no way he picked out my outfit. "I did. Now come on, I think it's pretty good and if we don't hurry, we won't make it in time" I slowly but surely pulled up the covers and got out of bed. It was still dark out and only the golden yellow lights from the hall lit up the room.

He dragged me into the closet to show me what he had planned. It was a flowery flowing ditsy dress (a recent piece in my clothing line) white ruffle socks, and my Mary Janes but not the platform ones the worn in ones from High School "Al baby... this is pretty good" I got on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on his soft lips as I grabbed my clothes and twirled off to the bathroom incredibly proud of what my boyfriend had chosen.

He was wearing navy dress pants, a glittery button up and a blue and crème cardigan. His hair was fluffy just how I liked it. "What are we doing anyway?" I shouted from the bathroom. "I wanna see the sun come up over the beach" he yelled back a little softer than I had. "Such a romantic, Turner"

I returned to my normal voice while coming back into the bedroom, leaving the lights off. "Are you ready lovely?" He pulled me into him with one arm so our foreheads were touching. Giving him a quick peck "Always with you Turner"

We sped down the highway, watching the sun creep up over the waving ocean and the sand whispering my name. I couldn't help but stare as Alex's hands gripped the steering wheel, top down in my car, trying to focus on the road instead of my hair billowing in the oceanic winds. "You know y/n, you really do make it difficult for me, can't seem to control myself whenever you're around, you make my heart stop, you really do" A pang shot through my heart, no one had ever loved me like this, so selflessly, I was all that was on his mind and he wasn't afraid to make it known.

"Can I tell you something Alexander?" I asked, the feeling of holding back swept away by the breeze. "Anything." he shot back, softly turning his lips up and looking over at me through wide eyes. "I can't stop thinking about a future with you, household duties, picking up a kid from school, reading bedtime stories, and singing lullabies. I know that work doesn't permit it right now for either of us but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to grow old with you by my side" I finished and suddenly the weight of what I had just spewed hit me, the gut feeling returning, only to leave once more with a calming smile and what I swore to be a tear welling up in the corner of my lovers eye.

"Y/n, you're right, our lives don't permit that right now, but say the word and I'll chuck my guitar off a cliff if it means I get to spend eternity with you, no mater what that may look like. If it brings kids, pets, fighting, making up, dropping everything to be there for you when you need me, sickness, mistakes. Whatever it is I have to endure in this life, I want to do it with you. I love you so much" he picked up my hand from my lap and placed a tender kiss onto it, making butterflies burst open in my stomach.

The rest of the sunset on the beach didn't even matter to me anymore, I knew my entire life would be overshadowed by this moment. I knew that no matter how bad things got, I could think back to this. Me and the love of my life, driving in my car, knowing that all we needed was each other.

[the outfit I chose for Alex is the one from the top from the Jools Holland Show with The Last Shadow Puppets <3]