Smothering Memories (Yandere!Memory x Reader)

Requested by ananaaa99

------------------------------------------------------------

It was just an ordinary day in the Safe Place. You and the others had been spending time to survive the piggy infection by collecting food resources and other things to upgrade for the base.

What made you comfortable was when all of these people weren't mean. If you were lonely, one of them would love to comfort you with a little advice from them.

And that's what make your life much better than before; one moment after days passed before you joined The Safe Place, started you were disturbed by something in your sleep when alone. You were greeted by a short-time murky surroundings and then your own room with things you didn't see in your real one.

And again, you glimpsed at the same scene, except there was an extension.

Everything was mysterious until there was a monochrome figure popping up in front of you. At the first time, you were scared of it. It chases you around as you kept avoiding the unknown thing.

"Hey! Come back! It's me, a friend of yours!" You heard a voice called out from your back, turning around, that figure morphed into a friend of yours in a monochrome version.

They were dead. You remembered the part when a building was about to collapse, your friend was saving you from it and sacrificed their life.

"Are you sure you're my f-friend?" You backed off from the "friend" you saw. They seem to be smiling at you, feeling happy to see you again in this place.

"Of course! I am!" Their sound; distorted and eerie, caused you to shiver.

"As you could see, I've been in your head for all the time, ever since I died for you, I appeared here!" The monochrome chimed, circling around you like an active person.

"Well, you're not real..."

The figure stood there in silence. Looks like you angered the monochrome entity. Staring at them in a complete silence, you eventually watch their transformation into another shape of themselves and unexpectedly; it's a female.

"That's right. Even though it's pretty obvious." She said, "State me as Memory, I'm here to help you cope with your sadness."

Sounds like she's the dangerous one to approach in this universe. You got to be careful with her. Memory altered the background of the dream you experienced.

It's now grass and flowers with two chairs and a table set it out for you two.

"I am the one who can manipulate your dreams like this." The distorted parts does remind you of experiencing a nightmare. Memory again, changed the background again.

"Like this." A mountain, underwater, space, and more. Except she added some decorations she thought of. Looks like she's making a lucid dream for you. You began to get more interested in spending time in this distorted dream.

"That's great, now what do I do in here?"

"The next is you get used in this experience. Embrace this lucky imagination of yours." Memory said, floating.

"But I want to survive in the real world."

"Your real world? Your type has that?"

"Yes, Memory, I want to move to the real world! I gotta go, bye!" You closed your eyes, flapping your arms to shoo her away.

"Why do you sound so desperate?" She got nearer.

"You know who I am?" You asked her.

"Of course, I've encountered everyone like you in their dream." You knew that Memory can also be seen by the others she targeted. Seriously, she is knowingly scary.