Chapter 36 : Confronted Compensation

Dekka

Standing inside of the headmaster's office brings forth a whole new feeling I hadn't expected. Gone is the second guessing, now replaced by sure footed steps sponcered by rage.

My anger swells in my throat causing an itch to rest there while my nostrils flare. The broken look on Aces face has been branded into my brain. The memory still fresh like drying ink.

Fates, I let this happen.

It's time to confront him so that I can finish this, so that I can finish my job, but then what?

What am I supposed to do without Ace, my boyfriend?

What am I supposed to do without my wing woman Alma?

What am I supposed to do without my EMT in training Willow?

What am I supposed to do without my mad scientist Quinn?

What am I supposed to do without my pessimistic pal Harper?

What am I supposed to do without my artist friend Jett?

What am I supposed to do without Odin? The friend he took away from me.

They've become my friends, heck, half of them are practically my family. I'm not just aloud to leave the Academy, I had a job. Uninrolment isn't an option, Stoakly won't allow it.

Speaking of Stoakly, where is he?

Minutes pass until I give into the wait. Turning to look out one of the few windows, I take in the light I was deprived of for so long. On the streets there was no shortage of light, with an abundance of nightlights made out of stars. Here it was class after class with only the florescent lighting to look up at and the wretched tiled flooring.

I was trying to save him, but what was that for now that he's gone? Was it even him they killed?

"I can hear your thinking from here."

Stoaklys voice travels through the room at the same volume it would if he was facing me. He's controlling the sound waves, one of the many joy's of letting the powerful hold all of the power.

His giant office chair twirls around so that he now faces me. His hands are wrapped around a coffee cup, clutching it tight. It's such a human action being possessed by a man with inhuman actions that it shakes me. I could laugh right about now. Clamping my lips together, it takes my everything not to giggle and he knows it.

"What happened to the fidgety girl that stood in that very same spot not so long ago?"

"Oh, so kind of you to ask. She found company a lot better that the people you provide."

"Are you seriously here to complain about the people present in this institution?"

"No, but since I'm here, I might as well." Come on, I'm usually wittier than this.

Smugly, he sits there waiting for me to explain myself. His mouth is set into a harsh line.

"Since when are you this petty?" I snap.