Need Some Help? (Laff x Reader)

"I can't believe I overslept!" you thought, quickly stuffing all the things you need for school inside your bag. "Ms. (your teachers name) is gonna kill me!!" you thought grabbing a granola bar from your kitchen and waving bye to your parents.
"Y/n, what took you so lo-" Meme asked but then was cut off by you grabbing his wrist and running to school. "I overslept! Let's go, let's go, let's go!" you yelled, sprinting instead of running. "She a runner, she a track star-" Meme began to say but was cut off by you saying, "OH SHUT UP, MEME! THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR JOKES!"
"Hey, I'm just saying... Besides, I didn't know you can run that fast!" Meme said, just as you were at the foot of the stairs of your school. Just a SECOND before the bell rang you and Meme arrived at your class. "At least we're in the same class..." you thought, walking to your seat dragging Meme with you.
"Y/n! Why were you late?" Laff whisper yelled at you. "I overslept..." you said, ready for Laff's whole speech on why you should get an alarm clock. "Oh, okay. Just try waking up earlier next time. Okay, Y/n?" Laff said, smiling at you. "Uh... okay... Thanks for letting me off the hook." you said, confused on why he didn't give that 5 paragraph long speech. "No problem. It's probably a one time thing though." Laff said. You giggled and your teacher walked in.
"Sorry I'm late, class. My daughter was going crazy about her sweet sixteen..." your teacher apologized. "Now, let's begin at where we left off... Marie Curie discovered radioactivity and..." You tried to pay attention, but you couldn't understand why Laff let you off the hook. You glanced at him, and he was staring at you. You quickly looked away and your teacher had wrote quite a few things on the board.
"Y/n, answer this question for me." your teacher said, curious if you were paying attention. "What ran in Marie Curie's family?" she asked. "Uh, I, uhm... um..." you said trying to remember what your teacher said. "Nobel prizes." Laff whispered quietly. You were confused on why he gave you the answer, but you were thankful. "Nobel prizes." you said quickly.
"That's right, Y/n... Moving on, Marie Curie won two Nobel Prizes for different sciences...." You were still trying to process why Laff gave you the answer but the bell rang, interrupting your thoughts. The class started to get up but your teacher suddenly yelled, "THE BELL DOESN'T DISMISS YOU, I DO!... Class dismissed." The class speed walked out of the class room as they rushed to their next class. You were about to leave but your teacher said, "Y/n, come to my desk. I would like to speak to you." You took a deep breath and slowly walked to your teacher's desk.
"Y/n, I'm concerned about your grades. Three tests ago, you got a D. Two tests ago, you got a D-. One test ago you bumped that grade up to a C+. On your most recent test, you got an F. I spoke to your other teachers, you seem to be having the same issue. We will give you a tutor to work with. You may pick a tutor that's in your class. I suggest Laff. He's doing very well. But you can also choose Melissa. Or Ryan. Or Blake. Or Nora. They're all very good at your classes, and in the same class as you. All of your teachers will give you a test next week. We expect you to have worked with your tutor, and to be prepared. Understand, Y/n?" your teacher said. "Yes, I understand." you said, unhappy you'll have to spend more time studying.
"Good. I want you to work with your tutor starting today. Good luck." your teacher said.
"Thanks." you murmured.
                             -Time Skip-
You were in the library looking through your textbooks for your classes.
"Uhm so, do you need help, Y/n?" you heard. It seemed like a familiar voice. You turned around to see Laff. "Our teachers told me and a few other students that you needed tutoring. So, I'll help." Laff said. "Thank you so much, Laff! You're saving my life!" you said, happily. "Well I'm not sure I'm saving your LIFE but-"
"OH, don't be ridiculous! You totally are!" you said.
"Well, okay then. Let's start with math..."
You actually started to get it. Your only problen was that you barely payed attention. All the subjects were easy! You just had to pay attention!
"Let's move on to history, Y/n." Laff said, interrupting your thoughts.
"Oh, uh, before that I just have a question." you said. "About what, the math? Do we need to go over it again?" Laff asked, surprised since you were doing well so far. "No, no. About why you gave me the answer today about Marie Curie." you said. "Oh! Uhm, I just... didn't want you to get in trouble again..." Laff said, blushing. "Aww, that's so sweet! Thanks, Laff!" you said, a bit surprised since he would usually send you a quick text about paying attention in class instead of giving you the answer.
"LAFF! Can we play basketball NOW?!" you heard Meme yell loudly. "Meme! This is a library! Please do not yell." the librarian said. "Sorry..." Meme murmured. "Anyway, Laff, can we play basketball now?" Meme asked impatiently. 
"Meme... I'm helping Y/n study." Laff said, clearly wanting to spend more time with you. "Ooh, I wouldn't want to interrupt you and your girlfriend~" Meme said, quickly walking out the door before Laff killed him. Laff blushed and you did too.
"Look, Y/n, about that, I really DO like you. A lot. So I was wondering, can we go on a date?" Laff said, closing his eyes tight. You smiled and said, "Sure! Maybe after my tests." Laff opened his eyes and smiled. "Wow. Thanks." He said, relaxing. "Anything for you!" you said.
-Time Skip-
"Alright, Y/n. I've prepared you for this, and I think you're ready. You can do this!" Laff said, giving you a little pep talk. "Right! Thanks, Laff." you said, smiling at him. He smiled back and you stepped into the classroom you were taking the test in, and took a deep breath.
"Hello, Y/n. I hope you do well." your teacher said. "Thank you. I think I will."
-Time Skip-
"Laff! I think I did really well!" you yelled at Laff running out of the school. "I'm glad, Y/n." You gave him a big hug and told him, "The questions were so easy!"
"Ha, see! All you have to do is pay attention!" He said, giving a sly smile.
"Anyway, wanna walk home together?" you asked. He blushed and said, "Of course." You smiled and he smiled back. Then you began to walk home.
Word count: 1159
Hey guys! Im so sorry for the late update. But theres a lot of things going on in my life. My dad got into a car accident and he got a lumbar fracture. So now I have to do everything for him. Also, my crush recently asked me to be his girlfriend and I've been spending a lot of time with him. And I haven't found the chance to update this. I also haven't had that much motivation to update this. I'm sorry, but The Promised Neverland AU Part Two will come out soon! Have a great day/night!