Now or Never (Socks x Reader)

"It's now or never, it's now or never, it's now or never..." you said aloud to yourself. "It's never." you heard Lynn say. "AAH! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!" you yelled, embarrassed Lynn heard you. "Heh, we were here the whole time!" Ally said. "Come on, Y/n, you gotta ask my brother out! I'm pretty sure he likes you."
"B-But what if you're wrong?! I'll be all depressed for the next few months, and I'll feel so embarrassed since I poured my heart out to him AND HE JUST REJECTS ME! AND-"
"Y/N, listen!" Lynn said, grabbing your shoulders and shaking you to death. "Just ask him. He won't reject you because he LOVES you!! He blushes when he sees you! You got this. Remember, it's now or never."
"Yeah. It's now or never!" you said confidently. You thought of what you were gonna say when you asked him out.
Bold: Y/n
Italic: Socks
"Socks... I REALLY LIKE YOU AND I HOPE WE CAN GO ON A DATE SOMETIME, PLEASE!"
"Y/n, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHY WOULD I GO ON A DATE WITH YOU?! That's ridiculous! Completely and utterly ridiculous!"
You went back to reality and fainted due to what you thought would happen.
"Okay, I guess it's never..." Ally muttered. "I'll get the smelling salts." Lynn said walking out the door muttering something Ally couldn't understand.
-After waking Y/n up-
"Ohh... what happened...?" you asked, not remembering what was happening. "Uhh, you fainted for some reason and we woke you up with smelling salts and-" Lynn was in the middle of saying, but someone interrupted.
"Y/n, are you okay? I just saw you on the floor." Socks said. Ally and Lynn looked at each other, pulled you off the floor and shoved you to Socks. "She's not okay, Socks. You can help her!" Ally said.
You and Socks started blushing and he said, "Uh, uhm, uh, okay." You sighed and said, "Those girls are crazy. I don't know what to do with them..."
"I 100% agree with you, Y/n. But sometimes they're cool."
"Definitely."
"Hey, guys." Laff said, ruining the chemistry slight between you and Socks. "Uhh, hey Laff..." Socks said. "Did I interrupt a moment between you two?" Laff said, smirking. Socks thought for a moment and said, "Yes, kind of..."
Laff left and said,"Oops, my bad.. Well, I'll leave you two alone, then!" You stared at Socks for a moment before saying, "A moment...? What do you mean, Socks?"
"Well, I feel more comfortable with you than with anyone. So, want to hang out sometime?" Socks asked, blushing. "Of course I would. There's a little bakery near us, right?" you asked, smiling. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is." Socks responded. "Great. That's where we're going, then."
                             -At the Bakery-
You and Socks walked through the door and looked at the menu. "I think I'll have... a chocolate croissant. What about you, Socks?" you asked. "I'm not that hungry, so I'll have some Earl Grey tea." Socks said. "Okay. But you can have some of my croissant, if you want." you offered. "Thanks, Y/n." Socks said. 

"Hello, what would you like to order?" A worker asked. "I'll have a chocolate croissant." You said. "I'll have Earl Grey tea." Socks said. "You got it. I'll have your orders ready in a minute!" The worker responded. "Thank you." You said. You and Socks sat down at a table and sat in silence for a few seconds. 

"Socks... I've kind of been wanting to ask you this for a long time but, can we..." You said, closing your eyes. "Yes...?" 

"...CAN WE GO ON A MOVIE DATE THING... WITH THE OTHERS?" You blurted out, instantly regretting it since you wanted to spend time alone with Socks. "Oh, sure! That'll be awesome." Socks replied. "Great... Thanks." You said. 

"Here you go!" You heard a familiar voice say. You stared in shock at who served your croissant and Socks' tea. "Oof? What are you doing here?" You asked, surprised. 

"Well, I'm fifteen now, so, might as well get a job." He said. "Are you seriously wearing your mask to work?!" Socks asked. "Heh, yeah. Why should I not?" Oof asked. "Because you look ridiculous!" Socks joked. 

"Eh, whatever. My friends here won't judge me-" Oof tried to say but was interrupted. 

"OOF! Hurry, get back to work! We need to prove to our boss that hiring a fifteen year old was a good idea." A girl said. "Okay, fine, Charlotte. I'm going. Chill." Old said, walking away. 

Soon, you finished your croissant and Socks finished his tea, and you both went back to Socks' house. 

As you opened the door, you saw Ally standing there. "So, LOVEBIRDS, how was the date?" She asked, sweetly. "I-I-I-! LOVEBIRDS?!" You screamed. "It was nice. Thanks for asking, Ally." Socks replied calmly. "No problem, Socks!" Ally replied, a bit surprised Socks didn't freak out like you did. "Oh, yeah, Ally do you want to see a movie with the rest of us next week?" Socks asked. "Sure, why not!" 

-Next Week at the Movie-

"So, what should we watch? 'The Conjuring?'" Blaza asked. "Eh, I'm not THAT into horror movies. But sure, whatever." Lynn said. "We should watch 'The Conjuring 2!' It's way better!" TBVG said. "Can we watch 'It?'' You asked. "Sure! I'm still laughing from when I last watched it. 'pEnNyWiSe ThE dAnCiNg ClOwN' HAHAHA! PLEASE!" Meme said. "Meme, you need to see a therapist." Woolfster said. "WHATEVER! 'It' it is!" Socks said. "Is it just me, or did that sentence sound confusing?" Dino said. "Nah, it sounded weird, furry." Nadwe said. "DON'T CALL ME A FURRY!" Dino yelled. "Whatever, let's just watch the movie." Muffin said. 

The others went into the theater, but you stayed behind with Socks. "Uh, Socks? I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time, but whenever I try to say it, it ends up being a complete disaster." You said. "That's a shame, Y/n. What do you want to tell me?" Socks asked. "Uh, well. I wanted to ask if you wanted to uh, go out with me...?" You asked quietly. "I'm sorry Y/n, but I didn't hear that. What did you say?" Socks said. 

"I want to ask if you want to go out with me...!" You said, louder. Socks smiled and said, "Of course I will!" You smiled at him. "Ah, finally! Took you long enough Y/n. But I guess it isn't 'now or never' anymore!" Lynn said from inside the movie theater. "You were watching us??" You asked, surprised. "Actually, everyone was..." Ally said sheepishly. "Congrats for finally getting yourself a girlfriend, Socks!" Meme said. "Congratulations to you too, Y/n.' Laff said. 

Word count: 1111

Hey guys! Apparently it came out today, and not yesterday. So, sorry- And fun fact: some of the events of the chapters are based off of my life! Like my " what does wap stand for" chapter. And when Ally and Lynn were teasing Y/n about Socks. So, yea! The promised neverland part 3 coming soon!