CHAPTER 8 - Airin

Stepping off the lift I entered the cargo bag and the light blinked on. The bay held only a couple crates with weapons, one with Surileein spices for trade and one full of medical supplies. For some reason we always ran out of that. But that was not the reason for my visit now.
I approached the holding area with caution. I knew what creature we had on board and I bet our new friend wasn't happy about being locked up with it either. I know the Anarrie wouldn't harm the girl, but it might scare her a bit. Remind her who is in charge here.
She was curled into a ball in the far corner.
"Hey! Girl!" She didn't move, "Hey I'm talking to you! Come here!" She still didn't move. Frick! What now? "Yo! Wake up!" The slightest sliver of panic stirred in my gut. "Damn please don't be hurt, damn it." What if I was wrong, and the Anarrie had attacked her. SHIT! I entered the field deactivation code and stepped inside.

Before I knew what was happening I was slammed against the side wall and my com screen was ripped from my arm. My head was spinning from the impact, but I could tell the girl was gone. Blinking rapidly I tried to clear my vision and stagger over the net screen on the wall. Stabbing the screen I yelled for Luka and Connor, "Get your asses down here the little bitch escaped with the Anarrie."
My head had finally stopped spinning and I was able to focus enough to lock down the escape pods and air locks. At least they couldn't get off the ship, now time to play hide and seek.