What in the World...?

Chapter 1

A gentle breeze flew through the area along with the sound of a door opening. Following the sound of curtains swaying in the background as another soft breeze swept through the chamber. It was still early in the morning as there were faint sounds of birds singing and the rustling of trees in the area. Though (Name) was still asleep, a sweet voice rang into her ears, seemingly to try waking (Name) up from her sleep.

"Young miss, it is time to get up."

(Name) could only give a groan before rolling to the side, facing against the owner of the sweet voice with a short 'mhm' before continuing to dose off. The action was from instinct when (Name) was still sharing rooms with someone before. The owner of the sweet voice had a complicated look on her face.

"Are you perhaps still feeling unwell...?"

The owner of the voice couldn't help but feel sympathy towards her young miss, who was recently recovering from an accident that took place a day ago. It was during young miss' travel going back to the duchy when suddenly a group of bandits came and cornered the carriage. Fortunately, no one was killed or severely injured from the ambush but the mental damage of facing danger and even potential death for the first time, would take days for a young child to recover.

'Of course, the butler, who was in charge of looking after the child, is at fault.'

The butler who was assigned to keep (Name) in check was kicked out of the duchy. Not only for his act of neglecting his master in the face of danger, but also for the arising issues with the workers of the household recently.

'It was really no suprise that he would be kicked out, anyway.'

Brushing off her thoughts, the owner of the sweet voice spoke once again while lightly tapping her Young miss' shoulder. Avoiding to get a glare from the cute young child, who was sleeping infront of her.

(Name) could feel the tapping more as time passed by and finally turned around, trying to regain her senses back and seek the owner of the finger that has been disturbing her sleep.(Name) squints her eyes, focusing towards the strange woman in front of where she was laying, who was smiling brightly but was oddly disturbing at the same time.

'Mhm?!'

(Name) felt like goosebumps were all over her before blinking twice. She then examined the room she was in right now. Her heart was beating wildly as beads of sweat were starting to form on her forehead. Gemma, the woman facing her, was agitated from the sudden look of her young miss and started to look around too, thinking that her young miss saw something lurking around the chamber.

'I don't sense anything.'

Gemma couldn't feel anyone's presence near them but still took the time to look around the chamber in case there was really something hiding, caressing the side of her left hip was a dagger ready to be thrown any minute as she thoroughly look through the shelves from left to right. She would get in trouble for holding a weapon near a 9-year-old but you can never be too cautious as anything from assasins to an invisible dragon might pop up.

But there was nothing.

(Name) glanced back to Gemma after looking around and felt a bead of sweat rushing down the side of her head as she tried to calm herself. Her mind was a chaotic mess right now and was taken aback from the sudden change of environment.

By the moment she heard Gemma's sweet voice, (Name) thought that she was still in a dream. A very deep dream that is. For her sleeping in such a soft bed that could be describe as a pillow of clouds and being in such a peaceful environment without the malice sounds of car engines or the shouts of the rowdy neighbours. It was hard to believe that this was reality.