Gathering things(2)

A/N: I forgot to place the other chapters a few days ago, hehe.

"Young miss, would you like to rest while waiting for Mr. Alan to finish preparing?"

The maid, Gemma, took a step forward as she continued to speak.

"I know a nearby café just across the street."
"Okay, then."
"Will we go any where else after settling with him?"
"I haven't decided yet."

Gemma nodded, before leading them to the café. The walk wasn't that far as it was, indeed, across the street. How did (Name) not notice it when they arrived?

'I guess my eyesight had never changed.'

Before entering, (Name) turned around facing the knights, ordering them to stay outside and guard from there.

Of course, they insisted to guard her inside the cafe but Gemma approached them, ensuring them that she could handle (Name) by herself. And suprisingly, they stopped insisting any further, as if they trusted her alot to just give up like that.

'The duchess is really protective of this child. Same goes for these knights.'

Now, (Name) and Gemma were now at a table inside the cafe, enjoying their time while the knights were standing underneath the sun.

The place was quiet until (Name) broke the silence.

"Gemma."
"Yes, Young miss?"
"I need you to provide me information of lands that are being sold around the kingdom. If possible, all of them."
"Lands?"
"Yes. Can you do that?"

Gemma had an odd expression on her face. She was used to seeing her Young miss speak to her like an adult but she was taken aback about being asked to provide information of land lots.

However, this was no problem for Gemma of course.

"I will provide you the information in a few days."
"Good."
"Perhaps Young miss wishes to buy those lands, right?"
"Yes."
"Why, if I may ask?"

She was curious why her 9 year old Young miss was suddenly interested on purchasing lands around the kingdom.

'Was she planning on building homes for her to stay at each part of the kingdom? That's most likely it.'

Gemma thought it was a reasonable and possible answer for a smart young child like her young miss to think of. As the child haven't experienced more than half of her own life yet.

However, that smart young child was snickering internally at her, as if she knew what were in the maid's thoughts right now.

Waiting for an answer, (Name) just continued sipping juice from her cup and if someone looked closely, one can see a forming smile being hidden behind the cup.

After another moment of silence, (Name) replied.

"To farm. Like alot"
"Pardon?"

'What? She wanted to farm?'

The maid's expression became odder and tilted her head towards the side.

She was confused and weirded out by her young miss. Was it even necessary to farm with the Young miss' daily allowance alone?

It was clear that the maid didn't expect that kind of respond, even in the slightest amount, as it was written all over her face.

'Characters in fiction are so readable.'

It seemed like (Name) would go on the easy path if everyone was as readable as Gemma. And it was amusing to see the maid's expressions change by her words.