CH:2- Murdered twice

•○●◇●○•

CRIMSON BLOOD// Mars Red Fan-fiction

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_

•○●◇●○•

'Bitten twice, yet no signs of being a vampire

'Bitten twice, yet no signs of being a vampire.'

Chapter:2- Murdered twice_____________

_____________

I was taken to an underground headquarters of the Code Zero's vampire's unit. "You'll love them! They're all magnificent test subjects!" Takeuchi said as he walked beside me. "Why do you keep calling your friends test subjects?" I asked in slight irritation. He suddenly turned his head towards me, his eyes open wide, "It's because everything is a test subject to science." He said and I turned away.

"You shouldn't call them that..." I mumbled hoping he didn't hear that. "Oh, and why is that?" He leaned in closer to me. "T-that's because... they're your friends..." I said while looking away. "You're really adorable you know." He said as I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. The cart stopped after some time and the both of us stepped down. Captain Maeda ordered us to step down the cart and we headed underground. "Chiiyuki, you're going to be staying with Takeuchi. And Takeuchi, you'd better take care of her." he said. "Yes sir." the both of us nodded. The captain opened the door to show three vampires, two of them were playing chess while the third was sitting on the window. "Oh! You must be the new member Captain Maeda told us about!" The tall boy with middle parted short hair stood up. "Yes." I nodded. I was still nervous.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my back, "This is Chiiyuki Shizukari. She has been bitten twice, but has not turned into a vampire or died of the poison." Takeuchi said and I instantly looked at him with shock. "H-how did you..." I said with slightly watery eyes. "I knew, I could smell it. And that's why, for your safety, I requested Maeda to make you my subordinate." He said with a charming smile. "That's a strange case, a totally unique one to be accurate." The old man who was playing chess stood up, "Nice to meet you Chiiyuki, I am Major Yamagami." He said while shaking my hand. "I am Kurusu!" The boy with short black hair spoke up. "I am Suwa, Also, I expect you to obey my orders, I may look young but I am 300 years old." The boy with a mask and white hair said. Honestly, he looked quite silent and tranquil until he spoke up. I nervously nodded at him.

"Very well, now that we're done with the introductions. Chiiyuki, when were you bitten for the first time." Maeda asked. "Yes sir..." I gulped. "My memories of that day are very blurry and uncertain. I remember that my father was having a conversation with a British man, however that man... he was just.... so..." I stopped and bit my lip. I looked down and frowned. "It's alright, you can tell us whenever you feel ready." Yamagami said. "If you've been bitten twice and still didn't transform into a vampire, then maybe you won't turn into one." Kurusu said. "I am not very sure about that." I said. "I'll run some experiments, then you maybe able to help us." Takeuchi said and I nodded. "I have a request Maeda sir." I said. "Hmm?" He turned to me. "I want to know what attacked my family that day I was bitten for the second time." I said. "We're already running an investigation on that part. You are dismissed for the day." He said and stepped outside.

"Well then, Maybe we're free to bite her?" Kurusu said and I flinched. "NOOO!!" Yamagami headbutted him, "How bad of you to think that Kurusu!" He said as Suwa nodded. "All right, It's almost morning, all of you, off to your coffins!" Takeuchi said and held my arm, "Let me show you our working place." He smiled at me as I looked up at him with slightly wide eyes. 'He has such a cute smile.' I wondered and nodded.

We entered the working space and my eyes were wide open in wonder and excitement. The room was filled with several scientific equipment, books, pens, Microscopes, test tubes, small molecular diagrams, Human apparatuses, microorganisms and a lot more. "Whoa! That is amoeba right!? And that's the modern periodic table! And chemist glass ware! This is heaven!!" I said while jumping in excitement. I quickly ran over to the microorganism's observation apparatus. "This is the new jelly fish discovered along the reefs!" I said with a huge smile. Takeuchi was shocked and speechless for sometime but then he smiled with excitement. "You know about this!?" He said and I turned to him with a bright smile, "Yeah! I love science!!" I said, but shut up almost instantly as well.

"I-I am sorry..." I said as he bent down to meet my gaze, "For what?" He asked. "I know.... that I am not supposed to-"

"Just because you're a woman?"

I looked at him with awe. "I don't mind at all. I am just happy I have a research mate with me now. And besides, I think this philosophy of people to not teach women is wrong." He said while holding onto both my hands. "But-" I stuttered. "I am so happy that you're here! Let's do our research together!" He said with a bright smile. A tear drop rolled down my eye. "W-wait- what's wrong?" He started to panic a bit, "Did I do something to offend you? Or was my grip too tight!? Do your hands hurt?" He blew on my hands. "No... Takeuchi-san... I am just thankful." I said. He was the first person to have encouraged me to study and accompany him in his work. "I was always told to behave like a lady, and become feminine... never was I considered as a human being... they just wanted me to be pretty so that they could just marry me off to a man one day... and they'd gain financial profit..." I said as Takeuchi made me sit. "I am happy that you'll let me be a part of your research... You know, I used to sneak books from the library to study. Whenever a woman tries to fly... her wings are cut off... So thank you." I smiled as he wiped off the tear drop on my eye. "Don't cry alright?" He said with a smile and I nodded.

"Welcome aboard Chii-chan! We'll discover together!" He smiled at me and I smiled back at him, "Yes!"

•○●◇●○•---TO BE CONTINUED...

NEXT TIME- Another Vampire was noticed near the shopping district. The Code Zero was summoned. A strange kind of a perfume glass bottle with a black liquid was discovered with a person.
"Strange... maybe Shinnosuke knows something about it?" Kurusu said.
"I found it, this glass bottle... has the V-virus in it." Takeuchi said as he burst out of the room.

CHAPTER SECRETS-
-Chiiyuki was a bit annoyed with Suwa when he told her to obey him.
-Chiiyuki loves Takeuchi's messed up science room!
-Maeda sees Chiiyuki as an innocent little girl.
-Kurusu wants to be best friends with Chiiyuki.