Gender-bending Transformers

I love Transformers. 

If you all couldn't tell by my list of Transformers fanfictions :P

But there's one thing that seems to annoy me. 

I thought this only occured in the fandom itself, but it has actually happened IN the Transformers Universe. 

The most common example?

Red Alert. 

You may know Red Alert as the medic, techno wizard from the show Transformers Armada, the first show in the Unicron Trilogy. 

Well, in that show, he's a guy.

Or as we Transformers Fans like to call them, a mech.

However, years later in a new Transformers cartoon, he is given a BIG change. 

In 2008, Transformers Animated came to television. 

In season 2, when Red Alert makes his apperance, he is no longer a "he"....

He has been changed.... to a girl!

Like, what the scrap?!

It totallly caught me by surprise! And since I grew up with the original Red Alert, I just couldn't see/hear him as NOT a guy! It just didn't feel right to me. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has this happened OFFICALLY to any other Transformers character in the cartoons or even the comic books for that matter?

Like personality and age change I can handle, because come on, it's Hasbro! They own them so they can do whatever they want!

But why change their gender?

Is there a popular debate that there isn't enough Female Transformers characters that I'm missing out on? 

Because to be completely honest, there isn't quite that much. 

The most recent female Transformers that were introduced to us, for anyone of you that don't read the comics, has been Windblade and Nautia. 

They are really interesting characters.

Personally, I like Windblade more and I've added her to my Favourite Transformers list, but that's besides that point!

Hasbro, if you want to add in more female Transformers characters, why not just be creative and create an entirely new female character?

Please don't gender bend any male Transformers characters into a female! 

It doesn't show any creativity at all. 

P.S. There is a poll going on that the fans can vote to create a brand new Combiner! The current voting poll is choosing the Combiners gender. If you want more female characters like me, VOTE FOR IT TO BE FEMALE! 

After all, who run the world? GIRLS!

END OF RANT!