ten

tbh honest I imagine David as Niall... should I change the name ?

Eat, work, sleep.

Eat, work, sleep.

Eat, work, sleep.

For five days, I had cut myself out of the world, only getting out of bed when it was absolutely necessary; Going to work or Wendy literally pulling me out bed were things I considered 'necessary', but other than that, I’d rather spend my time in my bed, browsing the internet, reading or sleeping. I took time for myself.

They say people have different ways to cope with pain; for me, it seemed like I decided to stop living, at least when I could. I didn't forget my responsibility, I didn't forget about work, but everything else was shoved in a corner and ignored, including texts and calls from Harry. I didn't want to see him and I didn't want to talk to him. I knew that the wounds were still too fresh, that I couldn't handle facing him yet. He just couldn’t see how affected I was by the recent events, I wouldn’t let him. 

For some reasons, though, I enjoyed those five days were I lived like a hermit. The fact that I didn’t spend this time concentrating on my pain or pitying my situation, and preferred ignoring it all probably helped. I needed this isolation to get my thoughts together and come back stronger. And I did, on the morning of the sixth day, as I woke up with a smile on my face and feeling ready to face the world.

I took the time to stretch my arms and legs before getting out of bed. I opened my curtains for the first time in six days and squinted my eyes, blinded by the light. I stood still for a minute, enjoying the warmth of the sun against my skin. It was early in the morning, and the streets were silent. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the moment and took in deep breaths before exiting my room.

I headed to the kitchen with a grumbling stomach and was met by Wendy who stood by the counter and was making herself breakfast.

"Lunch shift?" She asked, her back to me as she buttered her bagel.

"Yup," I replied while opening the fridge and searching through it for something to eat.

She didn't say anything and I turned around to see what was causing this silence. She leaned against the counter, while looking at me questioningly, a small smile tugging on her lips.

"Are you out of your isolation?" She asked.

"I think so," I nodded. "I'm feeling better, that's for sure."

"That's good to hear," she replied with a smile before frowning for a second.

"What?" I frowned, wondering what was on her mind and making her act this way.

She looked down for a second before looking back up, biting her lower lip. "Have you talked to him?"

I sighed, hating the reminder of him although I knew it was inevitable, and shook my head. Wendy seemed understanding and I smiled, wanting to convince both her and me that I didn't care anymore, that I had accepted the situation. But she knew better and came towards me to hug me.

"Today's gonna be a good day," she whispered in my ear before detaching herself from me and winking.

I laughed, thankful to have a friend like her in my life, before we both went back to eating our breakfast.

While Wendy scrolled through her phone, looking at the news, I scrolled through mine, getting stuck on Harry's recent texts.

*Movies? I heard that new Marvel's good*
*Em? The movie is in 2 hours*
*All right then, guess we’re not going*
*Are you mad?*
*Answer your phone*