thirty-six

Once Harry took the few steps that separated us, he stopped in front of me. Slowly, his hands reached for my knees, opening my legs so that he could stand between them. His eyes never left mine as his hands slid up my thighs to grab my hands between his. His fingers wrapped around mine, squeezing them softly.

"Now that our morning, or should I say afternoon, coffee," he let out a small chuckle, "is out of the way, what do you want to do today?"

I stayed still, barely breathing as he pinned me down with a simple glance. I wasn't used to this, I didn't actually know how to react because it was so unexpected, but so incredibly thrilling. The best part about it was that I knew, I could see, that Harry was trying. His promises weren't just words, they had become actions.

"Are you all right?" I asked with a playful tone. Freeing one of my hands so that I could put it against his forehead and feel his temperature.

He frowned, although a small laugh escaped his lips. "What are you talking about?"

My hand carefully slid from his forehead to his cheek, palming the side of his face and caressing it softly with my thumb. "You're acting weird," I commented.

"Weird good or weird bad?" He then proceeded to ask, a hint of nervousness flashing across his eyes.

I chuckled, empathizing with him. "Good," I assured him. "Very good."

He let out a silent sigh of relief. I didn't hear it, but I definitely saw it in his posture. His shoulder that had stiffened when I brought up his attitude had now relaxed into their natural posture. I allowed myself to let my fingers caress Harry's skin. Something I had never felt fully comfortable with, too scared that Harry would push me away. However, right now, with the atmosphere that was slowly settling between us, it felt like the natural thing to do. I outlined his cheekbone with my thumb as he leaned into my touch.

My lower lip was caught between my teeth while I carefully let my eyes wander over his feature. It seemed like every time I took the time to look at him properly, it surprised me just how handsome he was. But that time, with the corner of his lips slightly turned upward, outshined all the other times.

"Let's have a good day," Harry suggested, pulling me out of my thoughts. He reached for my hand again, pressed a kiss on the inside of my palm before intertwining our fingers together. "So what do you want to do today?"

I shrugged, as I let my hands fall to his chest and his went down to my hips. "I don't mind," I replied, my eyes casting down to where my hands rested. It felt so natural to touch him that way, in the middle of a conversation where touch wasn't even necessary. My hands were resting on his chest simply because I could and the best part was that he seemed to like it. "How about you, what do you want to do?"

"Anything," he replied before taking a step closer to me, and tightening his grip on my hips. His face was now inches from mine. "As long as I get to spend it with you."

"You really mean that?" I asked, lifting my eyes up to meet his. They were filled with honesty and it made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Never had I imagined hearing something like that from Harry. It was so out of character, and yet it sounded perfect as the words passed his lips. It didn't feel forced, it didn't feel like he was simply trying to show me that he deserved the chance I had given him, it felt as if he truly meant it.

"Of course I do," he replied with a small laugh. "You are all I want."

My breath caught in my lungs as I suddenly forgot how to breathe. His face leaned in closer to mine, slowly reaching for my lips. He stopped as I felt his lips skim over mine and he waited, waited for me to reduce the distance and be the one to kiss him.