Baking (M)

Last weekend I went to the store with my mom and ran into the baking section on accident, and I remember how much I used to love baking. "Mom, I'm gonna bake a cake." I said. My Mom replied, "Alright," and laughed. 

I picked out some chocolate cake mix and white vanilla frosting. I also found some edible glitter and multicolored sprinkles shaped like flowers. I had this idea in my head to dye the frosting green and put the flowers on top of the two-layered chocolate cake. Then, he flashed in my mind. 

I saw his smiley face as we giggled and me giving him a dirty look when he'd lick the spatula before I could after mixing the cake batter. I texted him my plan. 

Babe

                                              Yes?

I'm gonna bake a cake

                                              Am I invited or???

That's why I texted u, I wanted
 to know if u wanna bake it w me

                                             By "bake it w me" do you mean
                                            I actually get to bake or do you mean
                                           me stand around and watch you do
                                            everything and then complain when I
                                            don't help but you're a control freak so
                                            you won't let me help

stfu is it a yes or no bitch

                                            yes <3

k

                                                 k

Even though I act annoyed over text, he and I both know how smiley I get. I probably looked like an idiot in the store smiling so wide at my phone. My smile was a mile long across my face. My mom always knew when I was talking to him on my phone because this was a different smile or giggle than when I was texting my friends. My mom called my name and as I looked up at her and I just barely dodged a random pillar in the middle of the aisle. 

"Why is this here?" I asked, dumbfounded. 

"Maybe if you stopped gawking at your boyfriend through your phone you wouldn't have to ask that question."

"I'd ask that question regardless, a random pillar in the middle of an aisle makes no sense."

"Stop arguing."

"What?!"

============================================================

This weekend, now that our schedules are free, I set up the kitchen so that it'd all be ready for when he was over. He texted me when he was here and I opened the front door to greet him. I gave him a small hug and a peck on the cheek instead of a full kiss just in case my parents were near us, even though they were both outside in the garden doing God knows what they spend hours out there every day for. 

"Wanna put on a movie?" I asked. 

"Sure." He said, kicking off his shoes and putting his keys in the family key bowl.