Chapter 1

*I do not own any of these characters all rights of the Characters go to Marvel

The life of a S.H.I.E.L.D agent is always a weird one but I never imagined it would get this weird. When my team and I returned back to Earth we were startled to see a change. For the last year my sister Kora and my boyfriend Daniel Sousa have been traveling through the time streams we used to save the world to get to places and save potential assets from the past. So you can imagine my surprise when we returned to the original timeline to see the world in ruins. Like what the heck didn't we just save it.

I quickly hopped on the radio "This is S.H.I.E.L.D 616, asking for coordinates to land"

There was no response. I was on the verge of panic when a voice reached me. "Daisy??"

"Yes, do you have coordinates for me?"

"Go land at the avengers compound we will meet you there for debrief".

Damn the avengers compound I thought to myself this must be important. As an agent, we are always told the compound is off the table. That is avengers territory and we should never be a part of it. And being a former member of Coulson's team it was drilled into us to stay away from them just in case we let his secret slip. This was huge. I mean hopefully, Thor is there because even though I'm locked down I could use some eye candy.

It didn't take long to get to the Avengers compound, when you are in a state-of-the-art bus it doesn't take long to get anywhere. Honestly after touching down my first thought was I thought it would be nicer. After all, Tony Stark is loaded and everyone knows it was his money that went into the compound. The compound was some basic rectangle attached to another u-shaped building with a simple sprawling lawn. Let's just hope all the money was spent inside, I could use some good high-end state-or-the art computers. I had to seriously downgrade my tech to go to space and the past.

Not long after Zephyr-3 landed another 2 spacecraft followed suit. By the time the second craft landed there were about five people running from the compound like the world was going to end. I was quite curious to see who had just arrived but apparently, it was just Fitz, Simmons and Mack. I wondered where May and Yo-Yo were but that wasn't on the top of everyone's mind because as soon as I stepped out of the Zephyr some idiot kid shot me with an icer. Okay, so I guess I shouldn't call her an idiot because she is FitzSimmon's kid, Alya. But still, why was she holding an I.C.E.R shes what only 5 or 6.

A couple of hours after I had woken up from being shot with an I.C.E.R Simmons had just finished briefing me on all the crap that had happened in the past year. Apparently some psychotic purple alien thought "I'm going to find the things that can destroy the universe and wipe out half of the population everywhere". And apparently, this purple alien, Thanos, has the audacity to feel like he saved everyone. How the heck am I supposed to tell Sousa that. He may have been in the future/post-death life for over 2 years now but there was no way his mind could handle that. I don't know how my mind could handle it and I have seen some weird crap in the past 10 years. I was even once considered the Destroyer of Worlds, oh and I am dating a man out of time. Gosh, I need some major therapy.

I decided I was just going to blurt it out to Sousa and see how his face reacted because his impassive face still amuses me. Also if he can keep a straight face through this interaction well then he would be able to make it big in Hollywood, and trick any lie detector test. Which I guess is a good trait for a spy in any era.

I got up from the couch I was sitting on trying to figure out which way I was supposed to go to find my boyfriend when I heard footsteps coming. The spy and agent in me automatically made me blend into the surroundings, staying out of sight and out of mind. Over a year without a real undercover mission that my life depended on, I still was unable to break that habit, damn May for teaching me so well.

I had just lied back down on the couch in an inconspicuous way with a blanket over me, making it look like I was sleeping still to anyone who came around the couch to see me when I heard a voice. It was none other than the voice of my man out of time Sousa. I was about to pop off of the couch when I heard a second voice. A voice I couldn't recognize but one Sousa definitely did. I heard a friendly, almost familiar kind of tone coming from him and this other person. And boy did I want to overhear this conversation because I am nosy and really curious. So I resumed my sleep position and quieted my breathing. There was no way I was going to get caught before I got to the bottom of this.