Chapter 5

"Run!" He yelled gripping my hand and pulling me forward.

"What? Why?" I asked letting myself get dragged along.

I glanced behind me to see a big black dog running behind us.

"What did you do!" I screamed speeding up more.

"It's not my fault animals just naturally hate me." He retorted steering me to the right and then to the left.

We turned into a fenced area and kept running. My legs were beginning to ache.

The dogs barking becoming more and more faint.

"I think we can stop now ." I said slowing down.

"Yeah" he said his labored breathing filling the silence. He had his hand on his knees and his head bent in exhaustion.

He pulled his head up to start talking but a look of awe filled his face.

"Woah." he whispered looking behind me.

I turned around to see what captured his attention and saw an abandoned building with all sorts of plants growing around it and traces of graffiti.

I made a move to go inside until someone caught my arm.

"Where are you going ?" He questioned.

"Uh inside the building..." I answered.

"Are you insane there could be gang members , serial killers MORE DOGS hidden in there." He rambled flailing his arms around.

" You can stay out here and wait for the dogs to come find you." I teased slipping my hand out of his grasp and walking in.

"Or you can follow me and discover wonder." I called back in a typical Disney hero fashion.

He looked around before huffing out a breath and following me.

------------

"I've always wanted a tree house." I said sitting in my usual spot in Wens backyard eating grapes.

"What if a hobo decided to live in it and never leave?" He asked me working on his English assignment.

I just laughed and threw a grape at his head but failed because he moved out of the way.

"I'm just going to ignore your horrible aim." He told me mockingly.

Wens mom walked in standing between us before I threw more at him.

"I'm having guests here in a little bit do you guys mind going to Yasmines house?" She asked looking at us expectantly. Which meant the word 'no' or anything associated with it should not be said.

"Are you okay with that Yaz?" Wen questioned.

I cleared my throat. "Uhh .. Yeah it's okay definitely fine." I said my tone unconvincing.

Wens mom didn't seem to notice but Wen was giving me a wary look.

"Well let's go." I said packing up my things.

Wen just got up and followed me not saying a word until we were far from the house.

"You know you don't have to if you don't want to." He told me from his spot beside me his hands stuffed in his front pocket.

"I know." I replied simply.

I pulled the key from an opening in the window and unlocked the door.

"Welcome to my craphole." I said in a overly enthusiastic voice.

"What's wrong with it? He asked me kicking off his shoes to head to the living room.

"It's not the what's it's the who." I muttered setting my bag beside his.

"Whats your mom need the whole house for?" I asked him changing the subject.

"She's having a bunch of her friends over." He answered.

I went into the kitchen to get us some water and came back to see him getting comfortable on the coach.

"Let's do something beside homework." I said moving his feet so I could take a seat on the coach.

"Like what ?" He questioned sitting up.

"I don't know soccer or sparring just anything not lazily sitting around." I said.

"Sparring?"

"When you get bored you learn random things." I answered .

He shook the confusion quickly from his face.

"Do you have any instruments?" He asked.

"A ukulele but I've stopped trying to understand it. " I answered.

"Well why don't we learn." He said practically leaping off the coach and bounding up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs like a normal person after him yelling where my room was.

When I finally reached my room Wen was stood in the middle of it.

"It's bland I know but you should see my old room I put so much work into it." I said standing at the entrance of my new room.

He picked up a picture off my dresser.

"Is this it?" He asked holding it up towards me.

"Yeah... So what happened to teaching me?" "I should warn you I am unteachable."

--------

"So I keep my finger here and I strum the bottom three strings." I said trying to follow along with what he's saying.

"You may be unteachable but your lucky I'm such a great teacher." He said sitting back taking a sip of his water.

"Drink up you're probably thirsty from all your hard work ." I said tipping the bottle up accidentally having it spill on his shirt.

"Sorry." I said stifling a laugh.

"Sure you are and so am I." He said.

I looked at him confused about what he was saying until I had water sprayed on my face.

I picked up my water jabbing a pencil on the cap and trained it on wen.

" One wrong move and your gone." I told him in a fake tough voice.

"Oh really." He mocked. He tried grabbing for the bottle but I was already spraying him.

"Give up!" I yelled laughing.

All of a sudden the door was being opened and foot steps came into the living room.

"Yasmine is that you?"

"Why is there a boy in my house and why are you both soaked?"

This was DEFINITELY a filler chapter but there are a lot of elements in this chapter that will play some parts in the next couple chapters. Also please vote/comment if you would like an update and check out my other books. Thank you!