Chapter 4

Since most of the class didn't finish the Teacher reluctantly pushed the "Get to Know You" project date up a week. Which is today.

I haven't spoken to the only friend I have in this school for a week and we're presenting today.

I started carrying all the things I needed so I wouldn't have to use his locker. I couldn't exactly tell you why if you asked me. I'm not good with conflict or any of that and it's just easier to distance myself.

" If you still haven't finished too bad because everyone is presenting today." The teacher who I still haven't bothered to remember the name of said.

First on the list Raven and Derek.

They went up holding one piece of paper in between them. When they began their presentation they kept their faces down at the paper reading from it. It took less than two minutes before the next group was called.

*5 groups later*

Yasmine and Wendall.

It took me a second to realize I was being called up and I briskly got up going to the storage closet that had my presentation an taking it out. I went up to the front of the class to see Wen already there.

"Hey" he whispered. " Are you nervous? I am. I hope I don't mess up to bad." He rambled.

I just nodded my head looking the other way to hide a small smile.

"When your ready ." The teacher said pointing at us.

"Yaz or Yasmine and I have a lot of differences. Differences that would usually make people hate each other." He said glancing at me . "But I don't hate her. Honestly projects like this seem like a complete waste of time to me but now I'm actually glad that it exists. " He said chuckling afterwards. " She's extremely intelligent and it's easy to tell by the way she carries herself when we're talking about certain things. She's nice and understanding. Traits that some people tend to take advantage of. "

"She's really into animals, eco friendly things and Save the Wales. She's also into photography. She captures pictures of things that capture her attention and takes them in a away that somehow brings them to life like you feel like you were with her in the moment when she took them."

"Which I have been for a couple of them." He added. "And lastly she's forgiving"

The class was completely silent and I decided to get my part over with.

"Wen not Wendall is sarcastic and annoyingly can't see his own potential." I started. " Which ultimately makes him who he is. I don't think anyone else would offer someone they did not know there locker. Or have as much hospitality to a stranger." "Which know that I think about it isn't the smartest thing." I said smiling. " Never the less the point still stands. He isn't nice because he wants something he's nice because it's in his nature." " He is someone who no matter how much you don't want to talk about he unintentionally makes you want to talk to him. " "He has so many instruments and he is really talented at playing them. Wen is determined and doesn't waver when he sets his mind on something. He's an awesome listener and a great son to his gorgeous mother. Also easily forgive able."

The teacher got up and began loudly clapping. "The rest of you should use this as an example. I gave you guys one whole extra week and only a handful of you put it to good use.Everyone who made a poster will have theirs up for the rest of the week so if you want to learn more about your classmates they will be up front." " Okay next up Tina and Jerry"

Which dismissed us back to our seats.

"I'm really sorry Yaz" he whispered when we sat down in our seats.