Chapter 3

I haven't seen Wen all morning today was are last day of our project before we turn it in tomorrow. I was in class waiting for the time to hurry 30 minutes into class there was a rapid somewhat disoriented knock on the door.

The teacher stopped her talking and opened the door after a quick word with the person behind the door she opened it more it to Wen stumbling inside the room. I noticed that he had a couple bandages rapped around his fingers.

"I'm late I know." he mumbles to me before I even had the chance ask.

As usual class went on but a bit slower today since I didn't have Wen to joke with.

He just had his head down the whole time and didn't pick it up till it was time to leave.

I rushed out of the room to get to my shared locker and put a book I was reading in class away so I wouldn't have to stop by later. When I turned around I was face to face with someone chest. Well face to chest. I looked up an it was Wen. He grabbed something from the locker before shutting it and heading to lunch.

I wonder what turned him into a Moody mess I thought.

I walked slowly behind him into the cafeteria. And sat across from him after grabbing a bottle of water.

He looked up at me before grabbing a decorated bag from his side and tossing it to me.

"Whats this?" I ask curiously.

"Just open it." he says quietly.

I opened the content to find a home made card a small bag full of candy and a golden ball.

I pulled out the card first.

"You made me a card." I say amused.

"Yeah. It wasn't easy." he says holding up his bandaged hands. Which caused me to let out a small laugh.

I opened the card and read the content in my head. There were some words scratched off and I could just imagine him cursing at his mistakes.

As you know today is the last day for our assignment and I just wanted to show you how much I'm happy I met you. Thank you for being a really good friend to me. My only friend actually. It was really fun to get to know you even if it was for school. Umm I really hope we can stil be friends and your not just my friend because you fell bad for me. That would kind of suck. I really appreciate it .This sounds really cheesy and awful not including the fact that we have only known each other for a little while. You're still the greatest friend I have ever had.

" This is so sweet. I feel awful I didn't get you a thing if I knew-

"It was sort of last minute. I was doing allot of thinking and I just got the idea last night. You're just really cool." he says.

I took out the rest of the things and set them on the table. I put the candy aside remembering to share it with him and focused on the golden ball.

I picked it up my fingers pressing down hard and tiny golden wings came out.

"You didnt " I say shocked.

"I did." he says smiling.

"But..But.. How?" I ask confused.

"It actually took patience which I have little of but it turned out all right. " he tells me.

"I still can't believe you made a golden snitch. That is incredible and confusing at the same time. " I say.

"You said you really liked Harry Potter and specific scene with this little thing right here." he explains holding the snitch in his hands.

"This is too much I have to pay you back." I tell him already coming up with a plan in my head.